twenty nine

Rory opened the door to her apartment and held it open for Finn and helped him drag their luggage inside. She pulled her suitcase to the side, and walked to the kitchen to put a pot of coffee on.

"Coffee Finn?" Rory asked, she had managed to sleep a lot on the return flight. The private plane and being in Finn's arms doing wonders for her. She was wide awake and going to try to get back on a normal schedule quickly for returning to work.

"No thanks Love, I'm just going to grab a soda," Finn said, opening her fridge. By now he knew his way around her apartment almost as well as his own, and they both always made sure to have each other's favourite things.

"What are you thinking, Kitten? I can see the hamster running on its wheel from here," he asked as he leaned back against the island.

"I just realised that my suggestion that we wait until after Colin and Steph's wedding might make you think that I'm choosing someone else's feelings above yours. Or even that I'm ashamed of you." Rory looked at Finn, then averted her eyes again, biting her lip. "I hope that you know that nothing could be further from the truth. I would have married you in Australia and it kills me to feel like I can't shout it from the rooftop that I'm in love with Finn Morgan and get to spend the rest of my life with him."

Finn pushed himself off the island and walked over to Rory pulling her into his embrace, and tipping her chin so she had to look him in the eyes.

"Rory, Kitten, take a deep breath," he said, giving her forehead a kiss before pulling away to speak again. "I know how you feel about me, and I trust you fully with my feelings. I love that you are such a kind hearted person that you want to make sure that our happiness won't ruin someone else's day. But remember it wouldn't be us who ruined it, it would be Logan if anyone. I'm not planning on rubbing our relationship in his face, although I do struggle to resist you."

"Should we have Colin and Steph over to discuss it? Tell me what you want to do Finn, and I'll do it. Marry you at city hall next weekend?"

"While that option sounds awesome, I think our families may kill us."

"Mine wouldn't care as long as I have a prenup, other than Emily that is." Rory said quickly before realising what she said.

Finn looked at her, he was slightly shocked to hear those words come from her, but before he could question her Rory continued.

"Finn, I would need you to sign a prenup to protect you from having to accept any liability with my businesses, so that if I get sued or anything happens you are safe. A law firm and an insurance firm aren't exactly liability free."

"I understand, even if that wasn't the reason it's okay Rory, they are expected in our circle." Finn was rubbing his palms up and down her arms to calm her, while she leaned into him.

"I would only want it for the business side, I'm ok with mayking everything else fifty/fifty. Just none of the children clauses where wives get more money for boys than girls, none of the bullshit."

"I agree Kitten," Finn leaned down and kissed her before breaking away. "I'm going to call Colin, see where they are, you drink your coffee I'll be right back."

Two hours later Finn and Rory, were joined by Colin and Steph in Rory's theatre room. Colin and Steph had brought pizza with them.

"So how was Australia? I'm jealous you are back with a suntan in January." Stephanie was saying.

"It was amazing, Finn's apartment is in a great location, we went to the beach, opera house. We watched the fireworks from a yacht in the Sydney harbour, it was magical."