thirty two

It had been two weeks since the engagement party, the official announcements had ran in the papers, and overall Rory and Finn had been inundated with well wishes. They had heard from people they used to know back in the life and death brigade ,who were shocked to hear they were a couple, but were happy for them. They had also had a more unofficial engagement party for Stars Hollow, and friends who wouldn't fit in at a society party like Jess, Lane and Zach.

The bachelor and bachelorette parties for Colin and Stephanie were coming up. Due to the antics of the guys when they were away on boys' weekends it had been agreed that the bachelor party should be well before the wedding to allow any potential broken bones to heal or haircuts to grow back. Never one to be out done Stephanie decided to have hers the same weekend, as if she was busy she wouldn't be worried about what Colin was up to without her.

Logan was in charge of the bachelor party, which was proving awkward as no one had heard from him since the engagement announcement. It was Monday and the guys were all meant to fly out on Friday afternoon. Colin and Finn decided to call Logan together on a group call. Finn was scared if he called alone Logan wouldn't pick up, while Colin wasn't meant to be planning his own party.

"Are you ready for this?" Colin asked Finn.

"Yep, it's just a phone call, I don't want to have any ill will between us, this is the easiest way to gauge how he will be this weekend. Do you want me to offer to stay home this weekend? I will if you want me to, I can do something else with you later to celebrate the end of your freedom."

"Don't be ridiculous, you are my best friend, you have to be there." Colin said scoffing at the mere suggestion. "Plus we can't cater to any tantrums he may throw."

"Okay, Okay, Now lets call."

Ring, Ring,

"Colin, my man, how are you? I was just about to call you." Logan said, answering the call.

"Hey Logan, I'm good. Finn's here as well."

"Hey mate," Finn spoke.

"Oh hello. What do I owe this group call to?" Logan asked tonelessly.

"We just wanted to check up on plans for the bachelor party? You had said you would call to confirm flights and guest lists but neither of us heard from you." Finn replied.

"Oh yes, that's this weekend. We have the Huntzberger jet for the weekend, and as long as we are under thirty guys we will all fit on it. Finn was meant to organise the hotel rooms."

"Yes I have rooms sorted for everyone, and I have the guest list I can send you if you need it for numbers for any of the other plans we previously discussed." Finn said, they had originally been planning surprises for Colin but now he wasn't sure how that would go.

"I'm sure Colin can send me his friends' names. I probably have most of them already."

"Yes, I would just like to add a few, Tristan, Jess and Doyle."

"Doyle? Like Doyle McMaster?" Logan asked incredulously.

"Yes, we have seen him and Paris a lot recently and we have become good friends so I'd like him to come."

"Really, he's a boring stick in the mud."

"He has held his own everytime we have gone out in Boston or New York," Finn said.

"Oh I forgot how you all have these hidden lives from me now." Logan said snidely.

"Logan, it isn't like that," Finn started.

"Logan, you are both my best friends, you are my best man, we have given you time, can we try and set aside any animosity for the weekend at least?" Colin spoke, trying to smooth things over before the tempers flared anymore.