thirty seven

Rory had arranged a day for everyone to go dress shopping with her, and for herself and the elders, like her Mom and Grandma, to meet with the event coordinator at the library to look at the options available. She had even managed to time the dress shopping so that all her bridesmaids could come, and she was going to have a final fitting for her dress for Steph's wedding at the same time.

On the morning of all the appointments, Rory was at home waiting on everyone to call and let her know when they were near, while Finn was just getting ready to head to the office.

"Try and have fun, Kitten, the venue is perfect for us and once they see it I'm sure they will agree. And enjoy dress shopping, if you feel like looking for any wedding day lingerie and need an opinion you can always send me a picture." Finn said with a playful leer, he could see she was worried under the surface and he wanted to distract her.

"No pictures for you today buddy," she said with a laugh. Rory could see what he was trying to do and she appreciated his attempt.

"Just remember it's meant to be fun, and what you want is the important thing. No one else matters." Finn pulled her into his arms. "Okay? And if it's all overwhelming we will just elope and then no one needs to give us an opinion."

"We both know our families would kill us if we did that."

"I also know you might kill Emily during the planning, so really it's a preventative measure."

Rory laughed at that. "Thank you, I will try to enjoy today. The girls might be able to distract the grown ups. Stephanie and Colin's wedding is Grandma's dream so that will either distract her and keep her busy, or make her more determined for us to do that."

"Just hold your ground okay. The wedding is about us. No one else. I love you, I wish I could come but I'm needed in the office this morning and you won't let me see your dresses this afternoon." Finn pouted.

"That's right, no sneaky peeks for you. I want it to be a surprise on our wedding day."

With one more final kiss and exchange of endearments Finn was out the door for the day just as Rory's cell rang. Checking the caller id she answered.

"Hey Mom, are you close?"

"Yes we are almost at your apartment, do you want us to pick you up and have the driver take us straight to the library?"

"That would be perfect, I'll wait in the lobby and I'll run out when I see the car."

"We should be there in about five minutes."

With that Lorelai hung up, as Rory started to move quickly through the apartment grabbing her bag and cell, and a quick check to make sure she had everything before she walked out the door.

While Rory was preparing to meet everyone, unbeknownst to her, her fiance was on the phone to his mother. Charlotte was staying in New York this week so she was meeting the others directly at the library instead of in the car.

"Hi Son, what can I do for you? Did you need something for work from me?"

"Hey Mom, no it's not about work. I know you are meeting Rory soon. She is really worried that they are going to ambush her and hate the library venue. I was hoping to ensure that you could be on her side, I know you don't care where we get married, Rory really has her heart set on the library, but she will bow to pressure if it comes at her from all sides. I'd love it if you could just be on our side."

"Oh Finn, of course I will, I already had planned to go to bat for her if necessary. I can tell how much this venue idea means to both of you."

"Thanks Mom."