thirty five

It had been two weeks since the bachelor party. Only Colin had heard from Logan, who had apologised to him, Finn didn't know what had been said, but he knew that for now Colin was accepting Logan's apology at face value and trying to move past the incident.

Finn was at work, he was just getting ready to leave for the day. Rory was in court in Boston so he was on his own for the evening, and had therefore worked a little later than normal. As he was packing up his cell began to ring, he picked it up distractedly, without looking at the call display.

"Hello."

"Hey Finn, I wasn't sure if you would answer me."

"Logan? If I had looked at the caller id I'm not so sure I would have answered you."

"I deserve that. Finn I want to meet up with you, I need to apologise to you for how I acted in Vegas."

"Yeah, you do." Finn retorted, not giving Logan any leeway.

"Are you busy tonight? I'm in the city for the night and I was just about to head out for dinner."

"I am free tonight, I'm just not so sure I want to spend my free night with you."

"Please Finn, give me the opportunity to apologise and say my piece, if after that you still don't want to talk to me then that's fine, you never have to." Logan pleaded.

"Fine. The usual place at nine?" Finn asked.

"Yes, sounds good. I'll see you then."

Finn looked at his phone once he hung up. He had a strange feeling about this meeting. He sighed, took a look at his watch before picking up his cell again to dial.

"Colin McCrae speaking."

"Hey Mate, its me."

"Hey Finn, how are you? What can I do for you?"

"I'm ok. I just had a strange phone call from Logan."

"Strange how?" Colin asked.

"Strange as in he voluntarily rang me to apologise, and wants to meet to apologise properly in person."

"Logan? Logan Elias Huntzberger called you to apologise with no prompting at all?"

"Yip."

"Yeah you're right that's odd. What did you say?"

"I agreed to meet him tonight, at the usual spot. But I have a strange feeling about it."

"I do too, and I'm only hearing about it second hand," Colin said.

"How would you feel about coming with me, but hiding at the bar or somewhere so I have a witness if he tries anything? I just don't trust him anymore."

"Okay, I'll go about twenty minutes before you are due to get there and see if I can get positioned to spy on you."

"Thanks Colin, you're a lifesaver. Hopefully, it won't be needed but, until I'm sure I would just prefer this."

"No, I understand Finn. I'll talk to you later."

"Laters," Finn said, hanging up his cell, he dropped into his office chair with a sigh. He had two hours to go, so he decided to go home for a shower and to get changed out of his work clothes before meeting Logan, for what he hoped would be an uneventful evening.

Meanwhile in Boston, Rory was just finishing up in court for the day, she had presented her closing arguments, but the Judge wasn't expected to return with a decision until the next morning. Rory decided she just wanted to have a quiet night in, she knew Paris was on night shift at the hospital, and everyone else was in New York. Getting home she changed into her sweats with a Harvard T-shirt on top, she quickly ordered a pizza and set herself up with her laptop. She had taken to spending the nights she was alone working so that when she could see Finn she didn't have to work unless absolutely necessary. Opening her email she saw she had an email from her Grandpa. He apparently had been keeping an eye out on real estate for her without her even asking, he would occasionally send her apartments in New York, which considering neither she or Finn had mentioned moving to them was peculiar. Rory's apartment was definitely large enough that if they didn't want to move they wouldn't have to.