forty two

"MARIANO HANDS OFF MY SISTER!"

"FINN!" Rory grabbed him to stop him storming over there. She looked up to see the entire plane staring at them, Jess and Olivia had jumped apart and put a good few feet between them.

"Finn," she tried again putting her hand up to his face to turn it towards her, "Finn, they weren't doing anything. He was just sitting beside her talking. Come here." Rory grabbed her fiance and dragged him back into the bedroom.

"Want to tell me what that reaction was about?" she asked, pushing him down onto the bed while she continued to stand over him.

Finn rubbed his hand all over his face, "God, I don't know, maybe I've drunk more than I thought. But we were in here and you told me about how he had hurt you previously and I wasn't around, I couldn't protect you from any of that hurt. Then I go out there and see him with my little sister. I couldn't protect you from all the hurt in your life, but I'll be damned if I don't try and save Olivia from the same fate."

Rory looked at him and sighed, before sitting down beside him on the bed. She took his hand in hers and looked at him. "Finn do you think that I don't wish that we didn't both have history's and hurt in our past? I know mine seems worse to you because Jess and Logan are still around us reminding you of it. God Tristan spent the best part of a year torturing me everyday, and I still see him willingly at least once a week."

"Ror-"

"No Finn, I'm not saying this to hurt you or bring things up. I'm saying it to remind you that the only things we can control are whether or not we hurt each other. As much as we want to, we can't protect each other from every moment of hurt we will experience and you know that. So do you want to tell me what is really going on? You never act like this normally."

"I don't know, maybe it's my reaction to wedding stress. We are signing up for a lifetime of looking after each other, and my job will be to protect you and our kids from any hurt. I guess that was at the front of my head. If I can't protect my little sister, how could I protect any kids we have?"

He looked so sad Rory wasn't sure whether to hug him or punch him, so she went for the hug. "They were just sitting beside each other talking, although I do actually think they would probably be a good match. Plus, Olivia is the only single girl on this trip, would you rather she spent the weekend beside Jess. or with the single LDB boys who are here?"

Rory watched as Finn paled at the idea of his sister and his more playboy friends. "Okay, Mrs Morgan, point made."

"Mrs Morgan? I'm still Miss Gilmore to you, for two more months." Rory leaned over and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before jumping up and pulling him out of the room. Once they were back in the main cabin Finn headed towards Jess and Olivia.

"Finn, man, we were just talking really-" Jess started before Olivia interrupted him.

"Don't you apologise to him Jess. Finn what's going on? You make a scene for no reason, then Rory drags you off?"

"Sorry it's been a long week, and I may have had too much scotch and I went into protective big brother mode. Rory talked me down from the ledge. I'm sorry for causing a scene about you guys talking on the couch."

"Okay for now that's okay, no more this weekend, I think there are two hours left in the flight. Why don't you and Rory go nap and we can all forget this happened." Olivia said. Finn looked around and saw most of the plane watching him all out of the corner of their eyes.

"Kitten, you want to come and have a nap?" Finn asked his fiancee sheepishly.

"Okay, but this time we actually take a nap." Rory said, only realizing what she said when she hears a cheer come out of the group that they had all heard her. Bright red she headed back to the bedroom, where they both quickly fell asleep, the stress from the previous work week and wedding falling away.

Forty five minutes before landing Finn and Rory were once again at the front of the plane getting ready to tell everyone where they were going to.

"So by now I think you all should have a present in front of you. When you open the gift it will or should be pretty obvious to you all where we are headed. Tonight we will all just retire to the hotel, we have arranged it that we will all be on the same floor of the hotel. We are not splitting couples up for accommodations before anyone asks." Rory starts.

"Okay you can all open your gifts.... Now." Finn said as they stood and watched everyone open them, as predicted Stephanie had hers open first.

"YES!" she shouted, while some of the others around her groaned, and some openly asked "What the hell?"

Finn held Rory's hand and gave her a kiss as they watched their friends open their gifts with mixed reactions to the destination. "I have a gift for you,'' Rory said as the flight attendant handed her a box.

"I have one for you as well," Finn said, handing her a box too. They each opened their gifts and burst out laughing straight away. Rory had gotten Finn a set of groom Mickey mouse ears, and he had got her the bride set. Finn popped Rory's set on top of her head as he looked at her tenderly, "I like these, you are my bride," he whispered as he kissed her, it didn't take long for the tender kiss to become more passionate. They broke away when they heard the cheers of their friends. They both had forgotten they were in front of a group again. Finn gave her one more peck and then popped his own ears on his head.

"Okay as you have probably guessed we are heading towards Disneyland California." Finn announced, as he heard some groans, he began again. "No judgement on the destination. Seriously we took Colin to disney world for labor day last year and even he had a good time. So believe me this weekend should be fun."

The group looked towards Colin and Stephanie for confirmation, causing a red Colin to admit how much he had enjoyed it.

"So tonight everyone can do whatever they would like but it will be around ten pm by the time we are all checked into the hotel. Tomorrow we are all having breakfast in the hotel together, before we head to the park. Finn and I have arranged for us to have guides tomorrow. That will help us break through the crowds and queue jump. Tomorrow night the girls and boys are all splitting up and each group is going to do their own thing in LA. What we do on Sunday will depend on hangovers, there would be enough time to return to the parks for half the day if anyone wants to, otherwise you can stay by the pool. The jet will be leaving around three." Rory stated, she was better at the no nonsense stuff than Finn was.

"Any questions?' Finn asked.

"Why Disneyland?" Robert asked, "Can we even drink there?" he added.

"Yes you can drink there, but maybe not too much before Space Mountain," Finn joked. "As for the reason why; I'm not sure how many of you know, but Rory and I actually shared our first kiss and got together at Disneyland Paris, then we visited Disneyworld with Colin and Stephanie last year not long after we told them we were together. Finally, on our way home after getting engaged in Australia, we stopped in Tokyo and went to Disneyland Tokyo."

"So it only felt right to add some disney into this event too." Rory concluded Finn's speech.

"Okay it is time for us to sit down for landing, then we will all split into cars and be taken to the hotel. Breakfast is at nine am, I'm not planning on making any more announcements today. We will see everyone there, bright early and in comfy shoes."

"Oh and Mickey Mouse ears are mandatory!" Finn said with a smirk before sitting down and throwing his arm around his fiancee for landing.

A/N yes I went a bit off on Finn, it just kind of wrote itself. Short chapter today, the party weekend chapter was getting very long so I just wanted to end the Finn drama and start the weekend off on a fresh chapter.