Hitting The Nerves

When everyone has put on their running shoes and filled their water canteens, the hike up the mountain finally proceeds to a beginning

From where you are standing behind Sunghoon who looks like he was actually doing it to make it hard for you, you can't even see past his head, so throwing the bottle in your hand was very tempting.

It's not like everyone would be looking. The others is distracted on who will be the leader. No one would see in that action either.

"So, I'll be the leader, guys", Jay said as he started clapping his hands to get everyone's attention.

"A bad idea, really", Kai commented from beside Jake who was looking too focus on his compass.

You have to give it to Jay for pretending he did not hear the comment, "If any of you get lost, start whistling and the counsellors will come to find you or any nearing groups", he says and smiles encouragingly at all of you.

"But what if the others doesn't know how to whistle?", you asked out of your common sense because you don't really know how.

"Don't worry, you'll be with me, baby", Jake said, not really giving it a rest with his flirting.

"You don't even know how to whistle if the two of you get lost", Sunghoon says and then walks off to the path, into the trees beyond.

With Kai and Jay laughing hysterically over Jake's dumbfounded face, you went to follow Sunghoon and thus, the two of you has been the start of the line for a hike. You walked in silence, staring at the ropes on each side acting as the barrier in case any souls wander too far.

Or you know, the type to seek thrill out in the thickness of the woods and they'll be capturing it with their cameras as a proof.

Only that you had watched a documentary about the disappearance of two friends in Panama who wanders off course their guide's suggestions.

And then... all the authorities found after searching for too long is a part of their bodies.

Their camera and what worse is, one of the girl's finger was found inside her own shoes.

Up up we go don't think about it too much, your mind starts to be in attention to your steps and you concentrate on that until Sunghoon in front of you stops and push past you by basically bumping hard on your shoulder as he smiles at his friends.

"Guys, let's just chill here and then act tired on our way back", he says, turning to sit under one of the trees and pulling out his phone.

"Oh come on.. we aren't here to relax but to get up there", Jay protested.

"I wanted for Y/N to see the peak with me", Jake tried to reasoned in, making you raised your brows on why was your name is included.

Huening Kai did not join them as he went to sit next to Sunghoon. You stood there behind their friends like an awkward statue but before they could further their another petty argument between them, you chose to decide for yourself.