The Worst Of Her Anger

You'd expected to die

You'd expected to die. You'd expected to be a captive and wake up in some sort of cell where you will be tortured until you gave up the details of your mom's whereabouts.

Or maybe, because you were too damn proud to not admit the Hwangs is still all a human, you're imagining of such exaggerations.

In your opinion, that would make more sense than waking up, tucked safely away in a well-decorated room.

The environment you found yourself in took you by such a surprise that for a moment, you continued to lie in bed, uncertain that this wasn't something you were imagining to cope with a more gruesome reality.

You even pinched yourself a little to make sure you weren't dreaming.

After rubbing at your forearm to ease the pain, you sat up, looking around the room. Paintings, beautiful and you knew expensive, hung on the walls and there was even a completely stacked bookshelf lining one wall.

There was a window, large and with draping curtains on another wall. It was just a small feature, but it was enough for you to be reminded this is the reason why he had left you and your mom.

Sighing, you surveyed the room, trying to catalogue everything and preparing yourself to talk about it to your mom.

In the next moment, your brows screwed into a frown of it's own accord when someone walked into the room. It was Yeji, who just smiled softly at the sight of you and your glare.

"Welcome home, sister", she started, walking further into the room. You held your silence, regarding her suspiciously, "You need an hour more before we let you go"

You scoffed, biting back a retort that being stuck here in their house is the worst.

When you said nothing, her smile faded as she clicked her finger, and not a few seconds later, did a maid enter the room with a tray laden with a food and a glass of water.

"You need to eat first before your meeting with dad", Yeji says as the maid set down the tray in the bedside table and walked out of the room without a word, closing the door as she went.

"Why would I need to talk to him?", you hissed, not giving her chance to response, "Seriously, after leaving us for how many years, he would return like nothing happened?"

She raised one hand, as if signalling you to give her time to explain, so you did, "Yes, I understood that you're still mad but he's now ready to make up for it"

"Make up for it?", you stated with a disbelieving laugh as you stared up at her, "Does he even know what did my mom become because of him leaving?"

When Yeji can't give you an answer and only looks down at you with a sad eyes, you can't stop intensifying the heaviness of your glare on her face. Perhaps it was unfair to her side, she had nothing to do with it.