Reality Of A Mistake

Even without needing to point it out, you knew that you were behaving strangely in the next morning

You weren't the sort of person to pick over your food during lunch because you were so lost in your thoughts, and you weren't the sort of friend that wouldn't listen to their friends while they were in the midst of bearing their latest problem at school.

But surely this single instance of change in your behaviour for today was understable.

You weren't trying to be rude, not on purpose. You were just trying to force yourself to remember what had happened during the drive home with Jay.

This is the first time you drink alone and it lead to this. Your life is surely full of unwanted surprises.

"Alright", Heeseung said abruptly, reaching forward to take your chopstick that you'd been randomly poking in your rice, "Is there something the matter with you?"

You started, looking up at him with wide eyes, "Huh?", you asked, very so unlike of the fearless Y/N.

"You're obviously freaking out about something", Sunoo pointed out, briefly looking up from his bowl of soup, "It's not the sort of freaking out over your grades like to me, so what is it?"

"Nothing", you insisted, snagging your chopstick from Heeseung.

It would be so easy to ask them if they had some inkling what happened between you and Jay - but what were you supposed to do if they found out?

Sunoo nudged Heeseung with his elbow and just like that, both of your closest friends among the boys in this school abandon their lunch in exchange for turning their attention to you.

Sunoo crossed his arms and propped them on the table while you avoided their eyes, turning once more to your rice.

"What time did you get back to our dorm?", Heeseung probed, "I didn't see you get to your bed the whole night"

Answering the truth would bring more trouble, you knew it. But not answering would bring more trouble. Refusing to answer would have the curious little Sunoo trailing after you all day to find out what was bugging you because he didn't want you keeping secrets from him.

So if you were hiding something, it must've been a catastrophe that was going to wipe out all life on earth.

"This morning, I woked up in Jay's bed and I'm drunk yesterday night", you admitted, barely in a whisper.

You peeked up at your friends from under your lashes, watching the slow smirk that slid over Heeseung's face and to your horror, Sunoo teasing oohed and nudged your shoe with his.