Park Jay's Ending

a/n: please do be reminded that this isn't connected to the two chapters before this.

that is all for Sunghoon.

in order for you to not be confused, this one is following the Before Her Last Message.

just letting you know before some readers did not get it like to my other books even if the chapter title said alternate ending.

now let's get it on for my bias, Park Jay!

Love is a beautiful kind of fear.

One year ago, back to the time you were still not stepping into Bighit Academy, if someone were to say to you that you will choose the playboy who have gotten your first kiss, all you will respond is how ridiculous it was.

It was back in a bathtub from a farmhouse back in Nevada, Colorado, reading an Italian words aloud from a dictionary to a kid you were tutoring, that you first begun realized the person you think about is Jay.

In a way you understand it, your life had gone to bits through the years of hating your dad and you were so unrecognizable to yourself that you couldn't probably pinpoint when did you started to be full of hatred inside.

But you felt a glimmer of happiness when you started studying Italian and then you were delivered back to the time he first take you out on a date in an Italian restaurant.

When you sense a faint potentiality of missing a person after such a dark times of being homesick and regretting what you did in those last days with him, you must grab onto that ankle of happiness and not let go until it drags you face first out of your sadness.

This is not selfishness, but obligation. You were given a chance to love; it is your duty as a simple human to find something beautiful within life, no matter how scary it was in the first look.

And this morning after a whole year stuck between deciding and doubting it in the last minute, it found you sitting in the hotel room as you waited with your bags packed for Jay's inevitable arrival.

You were trying your best not to run off again and a part of you was always prepared for the chance your dad will send someone else other than Jay. If that happens, you needed to be ready to leave.

There was a knock on the door that had your eyes rooted to it. You stared at it for a moment, pondering over the likelihood that you'd be able to slip out if it's not the person you were hoping to see before rising to your feet.

Nevertheless, you were done running now. It's time to face this from now on.

Crossing the room with steady steps, you took one last moment to calm yourself before opening the door to reveal Jay on the other side.

He stood with his hands tucked onto his pockets, staring at the ground before him. The sound of the door had him looking up, his eyes scanning over each of your features and you took the opportunity to do the same.