Asking Out and Avoidance

Mrs

Mrs. Nam had this knack of knowing exactly when to end a meeting. Today was no exception.

She dismissed all the tutors as she returned to her desk, placing the report cards of the tutees the students submitted in her bag as she prepared for all of you to leave one by one.

You focused on packing away your things as Heeseung chatted away happily beside you. His words trailed off mid-sentence, making you look curiously towards him.

He watched an approaching individual and you did a double take when you see the ice skater walking towards your desk in the conference hall near the faculty's office.

Coming to a stop before your desk, Sunghoon grinned at the two of you. Heeseung and you shared a look, waiting for him to say something.

"Do you want to go on a date with me?", he questioned, your eyebrows rising at the bluntness.

He hadn't even bothered to say hello and how were you supposed to know that he isn't asking Heeseung instead?

It was as if your roommate heard your thoughts as he asked, "Which of us are you talking to? If it's me, nope, you're handsome but I'm straight as a pole"

"It's Y/N, of course", Sunghoon said with a bashful smile, rubbing the back of his head. Turning to Heeseung, he added, "Just ask out your crush"

Heeseung rolled his eyes, nudging you in the side when it became evident that you weren't going to say anything. You were still recovering from your shock that he wanted to go out with you.

Especially with what he witnessed from the house of the Hwang family.

Sunghoon cleared his throat, looking at you with a hopeful expression, "Wha about it, Y/N? We could go anywhere you like"

You contemplated for a second, coming past your shock. Saying yes is already there at the tip of your tounge, had you not looked past him and saw Jake with Jay watching from over his shoulder.

Leo is with them as well, gesturing to Kai at your direction and you sighed, not wanting another drama of theirs.

When you rised to your feet and slung your bag over your shoulder, you prepared to leave.

"Did you really have to ask me in front of them?", you asked as you walked around him.

Brushing past Sunghoon before he could answer you, you gave Heeseung a grateful smile then threw a disappointed look at him and walked after you.