The Impossibility Of Them

Leo, the newest addition in your class and Mrs

Leo, the newest addition in your class and Mrs. Nam said he'd transferred from Australia, had popped into the faculty's office in front of your desk to inquire about what to expect from his classmates.

It takes everything in you not to tell him how much they are of a headache.

Who can say he would not be one of them as well?

The inquiry had gone off without a hitch, he'd even joked about his past experiences from his previous school and just as he had gone to his feet to leave, the door to the faculty office.

"Once you meet them today", you said contemplatively, "I'm sure you'll get along with them just fine. All of them were friendly especially the one named Jake"

Not only were they friendly, but all's a flirt except for Kai, you think to yourself.

"I'll take note of that", Leo assured you as you looked to the doorway and wanted to sigh at the sight of the one affecting you this much as he stood there.

Leo followed your gaze, eyes settling onto one of his new classmates and you wanted to sigh when Jake narrowed his eyes at him. Really, he wasn't a kid anymore to be jealous this fast over the new student.

Clearing your throat pointedly, you meaningfully widened your eyes at Jake. Why couldn't he just relax?

"You can come find me if you have any other inquiries", you said to Leo and silently urged him up to leave the room.

He didn't need any further prodding as Jake's gaze bothers him before he was walking out, but Jake didn't make it any easier for him. He refused to budge in the doorway, not until he caught your condescending gaze, only then did he allowed Leo to pass.

"You're so childish", you chided, rolling your eyes when Jake shut the door behind him and headed straight towards you.

"Who is that?", he asked straight away as he settled into the chair opposite your desk and crossed his arms.

"You sure can be childish sometimes", you muttered, shaking your head and tidying up your desk, "He's a transferee from Australia and you'd do best to be friendly since he will be in our class from now on"

"As long as he will not be after you as well, all will be in peace", he muttered through what could only be Jake-pout.

So is this really the boy you have an undeniable crush with?

Although the two of you were already in talking terms again, you were still reluctant with him but you don't want to miss the opportunity to tease him, so there was no way you were passing this up.

Leaning across the desk towards him, you remarked suggestively, "If only I'd known him sooner, maybe he's the one I'm crushing on right now"

Jake's only reaction towards the words was to rise in his feet and walk around your desk. Your eyebrows rise in surprise, he'd gotten better at hiding his annoyance at your retorts, but hadn't he learned by now that he's the only one you were teasing this way?