07 | monster

| Noah |

Her writhing body moved on the ground momentarily before becoming seemingly lifeless. Finally, something had managed to shut her up.

"Are you sure about this, sir?" Samuel said beside me as I looked down at her unconscious form, my face contorting in sheer frustration.

A low grunt erupted from my chest as I threw him a murderous glare. "You think I want to waste my weekend on this shit, Adams?" I asked, before making an annoyed face at the problem lying on the ground beneath me. "What option do I have anyway?"

"But, sir, surely we can-"

"Don't test me, Adams. Do as you're told." I muttered angrily as I dismissed any chance of a reasonable conversation, his resistance irking me further. My hands fetched the cigarette in my pocket as I walked to the edge of the balcony and lit up the stick, the burning feeling helping me calm my nerves.

In just a few days, Amelia Winters had become a grand problem.

I thought I had made it clear to her the first day she had decided to poke her nose in my business, that she was to stay away. But clearly, I had been wrong to think she would listen.

"Sir, she seems to be minding the smoke..." Samuel interrupted, once again, in a slightly afraid voice behind me as I heard small coughs echoing through the air. Turning my head back, a scoff escaped me as I found her coughing weakly in her sleep while she tried to stand still in Samuel's arms.

"Oh, for fuck's sake." I rolled my eyes and reluctantly dropped the cigarette, crushing it with my foot seconds later. 

Even in her sleep, she had managed to annoy the living fuck out of me.

Walking over to where they were standing, my teeth gritted as I clenched my jaw and whispered in her ear. Even though she probably could not hear me, I hoped the words would somehow reach her brain. "If you don't want to fucking die, just let me do this the easy way, okay?"

As expected, her face showed no emotion as she stumbled from side to side in her state of unconsciousness. Heaving out a sigh, I grabbed her arm from Samuel's hold and pulled her towards me, the side of her face landing on my chest.

"Leave through the back door." I instructed, making his head nod in understanding. "Meet me at the house, then we can figure out what to do about her."

He turned and walked to the door and opened it, his eyes scanning the room before he stepped out completely. Just as he was about to take his leave, I made sure to mention, 

"Don't let Chase see you."

He nodded once again and left.

While I knew I could trust Chase with anything, I was also not unaware of the fact that he would, without a doubt, chastise me for what I was doing.

He had known about the gang and its activities for years now, but even so, he cringed every time he happened to witness something even remotely gruesome or heard things that were, to say the least, disturbing.

Sometimes I wondered how it was that he and I were friends, considering how different we were, but the fact remained - Chase was like my brother, and even though I had no plans to tell him about what I had in mind right now, I was sure he would find out sooner or later.

I was snatched out of my thoughts by a faint whimper coming from the girl in my arms, the sound vibrating through my chest due to the contact as she shifted her head slightly.

Letting out an irritated grunt, my fingers wrapped themselves around her thighs as I lifted her from the ground, supporting her back with my other hand, and carried her to the glass door.