19 | panties

[ I've put the song mentioned in the chapter in the media above, just because I really love listening to it...It's one of my favourites. That said, I hope you enjoy the chapter! Happy reading<3 ]

| Amelia |

Stars shining bright above you

Night breezes seem to whisper, "I love you"

Birds singing in the sycamore tree

Dream a little dream of me...

I hummed to the lyrics of the song almost absentmindedly as it played from my phone at low volume, basking in the sweet calmness it created all around me. 

Wiping my wet face with a towel, I began putting my messy hair in an arguably even shaggier bun atop my head.

The song had been stuck in my mind on loop ever since this morning, and there was something inexplicably endearing about how it managed to bring an exhilarating rush of years of memories rising inside me. 

Sighing, I secured the bun with a loose hair-tie and walked out of my bathroom.

"Honey!" My mom's call came from downstairs, "Dinner's ready."

"Coming mom!" I quickly yelled back, eyes widened, as I now began to sort the absolute mess of things on my desk and floor.

Considering the flood of things currently occupying my room, there was no way I was escaping tonight without a scolding if I didn't clean it up. 

A few minutes passed before all the stuff was finally put in its place; I turned around and let out a deep breath, satisfyingly admiring my work. Wiping my slightly dusty palms on my jeans, I switched off the lights and swung the door open, ready to step out.

Before I could do that, a momentary click coming from inside my room froze me right in my tracks. 

On reflex I twisted around, trying to decipher a shadow or outline in the complete darkness of my room; forgetting, like an idiot, that the switch for the lights was right beside me.

But perhaps I was too scared to actually switch them on.

"Hello?" I called out lowly, my brows furrowing as everything seemed perfectly in place. 

Pursing my lips, I decided it must have been some little animal outside my window and prepared to leave again, dismissing it.

"You forgot this."

The sudden voice made me jump up in my spot as a loud squeak left my throat, making me switch the lights on in an instant to face its source.

Noah Carter stood right beside my bedroom window, leaning on the wall nonchalantly with a smirk plastered on his face.

Noah Carter was here. In my house. In my bedroom nonetheless.

But that, through some miracle, was not the worst part. The worst part, was the pair of soft pink panties hanging innocently from his index finger, casually dangling in the cool night breeze. 

In contrast to his usual state of grumpiness and irritability, he seemed relatively playful today. His eyes shone with mischief and amusement as he stared me down, clearly anticipating a frantic reaction. 

And that, was exactly what he got. 

My throat immediately opened to let out the loudest shriek I could muster but I clamped my mouth with my hand the very next second, extremely aware of my incognisant mom calmly preparing our dinner just a floor beneath us.