31 | someone like me

[ This chapter is dedicated to the lovely @bi-estbitch for all the wonderful support and votes on the chapters! I appreciate all the love<33 ]

| Amelia |

"So, third door from the left then?"

"Exactly. It's the one with the god-awful black door. You can't miss it, really."

Almost as if sensing my imminent question, she waved me a dismissive hand and answered immediately, "He painted it himself when he was nine, stupid boy."

I chuckled at the thought of a miniature Noah holding a comically large paintbrush in his hand as I waved Agatha goodbye. Though,  admittedly, the sound was dampened by the nervousness swirling inside me like a sickness.

I fiddled with my fingers. What if this didn't go well? Would he even believe that I'm being sincere?

The doubt continued to helplessly cloud my head in a thick fog, and its haze persisted even as I stood right in front of the black door that led into his room.

On coming face-to-face with it, I tilted my head momentarily, taken aback by the sudden sounds and beats coming from within. It sounded like he was listening to a rock band of some kind...Green Day, maybe?

The music's sound was loud enough to make the door vibrate along with it, and did nothing to appease the already abnormal rate of my heartbeat.

I clutched the box tighter in my palm.

Let's get this over with, c'mon.

"Who is it?"

It wasn't until he repeated the question for the second time that I realised I had actually knocked on his door, and he was, logically, expecting an answer.

I shook my head quickly. "I...It's me." I tapped my knuckles lightly on his door, "...Amelia."

The blaring music came to an abrupt halt.

I could hear some shuffling going on inside before the door swung open swiftly, revealing the dark interior of his room and his even darker shadow standing ominously right in front of it.

"The fuck?"

"I'm sorry for showing up withou-"

"What the fuck are you doing here?" He took a step further from his door, shifting just a tad bit closer to my body, eyes alight with the glint of anger in them that I knew was the sign of imminent danger.

Oh, this was already going badly.

Pushing down the lump in my throat to the depths of my stomach and leaning away from him to calm myself, I replied, "I have something to-"

"Haven't you already done enough? He refused to give up and took another fatal step towards me, and it was then that I noticed the clenched fists by his sides. "Who the fuck told you you could show up to my house?"

Without being able to help it, I shivered in my spot. "N-No one, but-"

"Leave before I do something I regret."

The proximity between us increased with each threatening word that was thrown my way.

"Listen to me, I'm here to-"

"I said, get the fuck-"

"Oh my god!" Before I knew it, I had pressed my palm to the surface of his lips and had led us backward into the room, frustrated by his denial of letting me finish what I wanted to say.