"Like Father, Like Son? "

“You can’t expect me to sit here and do nothing, I’m going out there to find her.”

You won’t last 5 minutes on the streets of Venezuela with that Rolex on your wrist and Armani suit. Athena is my main priority now, I don’t want to have to babysit her boyfriend.”

“Fine, just put me to use. I have money and resources, let me get in touch with some of my contacts and see what they know.”

Alright, go see what you can find out and take Allesandro with you.”

Dante nods at Matias’s command and jerks Allesandro along, who hadn’t spoken a word since finding out Athena was missing.

Undisclosed location

“The prisoner is losing a lot of blood boss man, she’s going in and out of consciousness.”

“Bring her some fluids and find a way to make the bleeding stop. I want her to be awake and screaming in pain when I give Dante a call.”

Pedro walked over to an unconscious Athena and ran his index finger along her face before being interrupted by his son, Fernando.

So what did she do to deserve this?” Fernando questions his father’s motives.

“She got involved with the wrong man and he needs to learn a lesson.”

She looks awfully familiar.”

“You’re probably thinking of her mother, she was one of my women.”

Athena incoherently wakes up with blur vision and barely recognises the people in front of her. After a few minutes, her mind and vision begins to clear up.

“I’m going to see what’s taking those goons so long, our prisoner can keep you company.” Pedro walks out of the room and locks the door behind him, leaving Fernando and Athena alone.

“Who are you?” Athena asks.

Sssshsh, you need to save your strength.” Fernando walks towards Athena and lifts her shirt up.

Fearing for what would happen next, Athena pleaded with the stranger and tried to break free from her constraints with the little energy that she had.

Fernando began to reach into his pocket and take out a handkerchief and proceed to press it against Athena’s wound causing her to momentarily cry out in pain.

I’m sorry but I have to apply pressure to stop the bleeding.” Fernando apologizes.

“You’re the cartels on call doctor or what?” Athena sass’s him.

Try the cartels next leader.”

Athena winces, not because of the pain but out of shock. She could be staring at her estranged brother and he was none the wiser of that. Fernando then brought a bottle of water to Athena’s lips, allowing her to replenish.

“Why are you taking care of me then? My death surely would stick it to Dante.”

Because this situation can he handled without someone innocent dying.”

“How do you know if I’m innocent or not?”

“I can see it in your eyes. There’s a familiar look in them that screams ‘I didn’t want any of this’. I’m Fernando by the way.”

“Fernando, I have to tell you something…”

Before Athena could finish her sentence, two of Pedro’s goons came in.