Breathless

I’m so more than ready to get the fuck out of here.” Athena states as she brushes past her family in a fit of rage and exits the room, causing Dante to give chase to her.

The crisp air of the night had Athena shivering by the time she left the warmth of the building, being the gentleman he was Dante took off his suit coat and draped it around her shoulders.

“Is Alessio safe?” Dante queried whilst Athena tried to wave down a cab.

“He’s back at the hotel with Gisele.” She casually responded as if hearing her sons name leave Dante’s mouth for the first time wasn’t a big deal. Dante didn’t even hide the fact that he knew about the baby or question whether it was his.

“Good, then you’re coming back to my place.”

I don’t think so.”

“I’m beyond asking Athena, now get in.” Dante whispered in Athena’s ear as he leaned over and opened the limo door.

Reluctantly, Athena entered the vehicle. The ride back to Dante’s penthouse was excruciatingly quite, not only was there an uncomfortable space between the two former lovers as each sat on opposite ends of the limo, there seemed to be a space between their hearts.

Dante’s demeanour had shifted from earlier on, he was now cold and brooding. He sat with his legs apart whilst slightly leaning against the leather seats of his limo. His hand was strategically placed just above the groin while the other occasionally ran through his hair.

Dante waited for Athena to enter his penthouse before he removed his coat off her shoulders and threw it on a nearby table. Before Athena had the chance to speak, Dante had removed his belt and looped it around her neck, pulling her within inches of him.

“Dante, what’s…” With each word Athena tried to speak Dante would tighten the belt around her neck.

Now backed up against a wall with Dante examining each curve of her body, Athena found it harder to breathe. Gasps for air caused her chest to erratically rise and fall, giving Dante the perfect view of her cleavage.

Athena’s facial expression showed her obvious discomfort but she was not willing to give into Dante’s dominance, instead she dug her nails into his back which caused him to grimily smile.

Dante began to move Athena’s dress slightly up, exposing more of her long legs while exchanging looks between her eyes and lips before licking his own. Athena was running out of room to breathe, quite literally as Dante was now up against her firmly holding the belt which was now causing her neck to burn. Her eyes pleaded with his as her legs began to get weak which pleased Dante.

“Good, now you know how I felt without you.” Dante whispered as he released the belt. 

Before Athena could take a breath in Dante had consumed her lips, breathing life back into her. The kiss wasn’t filled with love but rather anger and lust.

There was lip biting and exploring hands that dug into bare skin, heads were thrown back as teeth were sunken into necks.  Dante’s shirt buttons bounced off marble tiles as Athena tore off his shirt before running her hand over his bare chest. 

Dante grabbed Athena’s wrists and held them above her head with one hand while unzipping her dress with the other. As soon as the garment fell to the floor, Athena shied away from Dante which he was unused to.

Athena had always being confident and went after what she wanted even to the point where she was the dominate one in the bedroom which was one of the many reasons he had fallen in love with her in the first place.