Baby Diapers & A Piece Of Cake

Dante’s p.o.v 

I tried to make as little noise as possible after entering the penthouse, not wanting to wake Athena or Alessio up. It had been a little passed 2 am and I was exhausted, the events of last night still lingered on my mind daring to jeopardise my present.

My clothes had immediately been stripped of and thrown into the laundry basket, I didn’t want to bring another woman’s scent into our bedroom.

I stood at our bedside and watched Athena’s chest rise and fall as she slept, she looked so peaceful and perfect which caused guilt and shame to flood my veins. I needed to be close to her and feel her body against mine, this was the only way to keep me grounded. Last night was a mistake, I got swept up in the moment and needed to make sure that never happened again.

I lightly climbed into bed and draped my arms over Athena’s petite frame before pulling her close to me, inhaling her subtle scent and finding my solace.

End of p.o.v 

Athena’s p.o.v

As soon as Dante entered our bedroom I felt his presence which put my heart at ease, he was finally home and most importantly safe but when he wrapped his arms around me, my body tensed. A woman’s perfume began to assault my senses with every breath I took. His clothes were off, which could only mean her scent was all over his bare skin.

‘Could Dante be cheating on me?’ This thought seemed absurd, especially after everything we had been through together. We were finally in a good place, settling down, buying a house and so incredibly in love but what if that wasn’t enough for him anymore? 

There was no way I was going to torture myself for the rest of the night wondering what the hell was going on, so I pushed Dante’s arms off me with one swift motion and turned the room light on.

“What’s the matter love?” Dante questioned me in a daze, rubbing his eyes as they adjusted to the light.

“Why do you smell like another woman?” I blatantly ask, watching his face for any sign of guilt but he kept his calm composure.

“After our meeting, one of the investors suggested going to a strip club which of course I thought was a bad idea but I needed to stay on their good side. There were women dancing around us but nothing else happened.” Dante said without second thought, reaching out for me.

Almost every fibre of my being wanted to believe him and melt into his arms but there was a tiny voice inside of my head that doubted Dante, although he has never given me a reason to.

“That makes sense, I’m sorry for overreacting.” I apologise through gritted teeth, leaning into his embrace.

“It’s okay baby, now can we get some sleep?” 

I placed a kiss on Dante’s forehead before turning off the light, his hand found its way around me once more and rested on my breast before his light snores filled the silence in our room.

End of p.o.v

“Good morning.” Dante enthusiastically enters the kitchen making way straight towards Alessio who was in his feeding chair, squeezing his son’s cheeks before turning to Athena and smiling.

“Busy day ahead?” Athena questions as she sips her coffee.

I’m never to busy for my girl, so how about you and I get lunch? Antonio can watch the baby.” 

“Are you sure we should leave our child with Antonio? he still acts like one himself.” Athena quips.

He’s defused actual bombs so I’m sure changing a baby’s diaper would be a piece of cake.”