Forever In Your Eyes

'How lucky would be if water actually washed away our pain and suffering?'

Athena thought to herself as heated water caressed her skin, which was much welcomed after having woken up in a cold bed.

Dante dared not spend the night in their bedroom for fear of making things worse with his beloved, but today was a new day and he had hoped she missed him, just as much as he missed her.

Athena felt a pair of hands subtly run down her arms, almost as though they were afraid of shattering her into a million pieces. After noticing that Athena did not push him away, Dante placed a soft kiss on the nape of her neck and she leaned back towards his embrace.

"Are we going to be alright?" Dante questioned with hesitation in his voice, afraid of hearing Athena's answer.

"Somehow we always are." She turned off the water and tore herself away from his arms, all without saying another word.

Later that day

"Thank you for meeting with me."

"No problem, any friend of Gisele's is a friend of mine." A woman sat opposite Athena, coated in mystery.

"Did you bring what I asked for?"

The woman looked around before sliding a brown paper bag across the table, much to Athena's liking.

"Do you know how to handle one of those?"

"I'm familiar."

"Good, now what else can I do for you?"

"I need you to find out everything you can about Carolina Debreu, as soon as possible."

"Meet me back here in an hour, I'll have everything that you need."

Undisclosed Location

"You son of a bitch, how dare you make a move on my woman?" Dante leaped towards Fernando in a rage, lifting him by the collar while Hendrik tried to calm him down.

"What the hell are you going on about? I would never put Athena in such a compromised position." Fernando countered, pushing Dante away from him.

"If I hadn't of walked in on the two of you, what would off happened next?"

"Nothing, I love Athena as a sister and I was just trying to comfort her, not get into her pants."

"Bullshit. If you try another stunt like that again, I will kill you with my bare hands."

"I'd like to see you try."

"Enough, you two are acting like imbeciles. Dante, you're a dumb fuck if you even think Athena would cheat on you and Fernando I get that you were trying to help but next time use your words instead. Now can we get back to being adults?" Hendrik snapped, bringing the two men back from their spiral.

"I'm scared of losing Athena. What's stopping her from taking Alessio and leaving me? After all I keep fucking things up."

"She sees forever in your eyes." Fernando spoke up, offering the truth before answering a call leaving Hendrik and Dante to their own whims.

A few moments later

"Shit, we have a problem. Do you know where Athena is?" Fernando questioned in panic.

"No, clearly we aren't on the best of terms right now."

"She's on her way to Carolina's apartment."

"God, no. I have to go and stop her." Dante grabbed his keys and rushed off with purpose.

Meanwhile

"It's about time you and I had a little chat." Carolina leaned against her bar with a satisfied smirk across her face while Athena stood in front of her, unbothered.

"Bold of you to assume that I've come here to chat." Athena reaches for her gun and aims it at Carolina's head.

"I wouldn't pull that trigger if I was you. Darling do you need to be reminded of the leverage I have over your family?"

"You see Carolina, I have friends in high places as well. Dante may have being playing safe and going along with your little game, but I get things done. That video no longer exists."

Carolina's entire body weight shifted as realisation hit her, she had being out smarted and was now screwed.

"Go ahead then, pull the trig..."

Before Carolina could finish the sentence, her blood scattered across the wall while her lifeless body fell to the floor.

"Athena." Dante's voice echoed from behind as he ran towards Athena, making sure that she was okay.

"What the hell did you just do? You can't go around killing people, that's what got us in this situation in the first place."

"You're one to talk Dante weren't you just threatening to kill Fernando last night?"

"That's different, I own you. Do you need a ring on your fucking finger to be reminded of that?"

"Maybe I do."

"Fine then." Dante gets down on one knee and presents Athena with a breath taking diamond ring.

"How does Mrs. Athena Romano sound to you?"

"It sounds perfect to me." Athena and Dante embrace before celebrating their engagement with a kiss.

"Boss, we got here as fast as we could." Antonio and a few other of Dante's men storm into the room, guns blazing.

"Athena took care of everything."

"Never send a man to do a woman's job."

"I'm sorry I didn't come to you with this in the first place." Dante looks to his fiancé with regret in his eyes.

"It's okay, all that matters now is that we're finally free."

"Now can we talk about how you pulled this off and where did you get a gun from?"

Athena slyly laughs before turning to Dante and saying,

"I own you Mr. Romano."

"Baby you can't say things like that and expect me to behave." Dante smacks Athena's ass before grabbing onto it, making her jump.

"Let's go home then and you can misbehave all you like."

"Lead the way my love."