Reunited

“All I’m saying is you can’t live in this shadow forever, away from your friends and family, away from the man you love. You’re giving Pedro more power this way.” Gisele counters Athena’s recall of events.

“I know. This wasn’t supposed to be a forever plan, I want Alessio to grow up surrounded by everyone that loves him without us having to look over our shoulders. On one hand I want to bring Pedro to justice the legal way but on the other I want him to suffer, he not only hurt me but deprived my son of his father.”

Just say the word and I can have a few trigger happy retired veterans knocking at his door.”

“I have a better idea, Pedro is going to come to us and I’m going to put a bullet in-between his eyes.”

What about Fernando? Pedro’s still his father after all.”

“Only by blood and that’s not good enough to make someone family. I need to clear up a few things, then we’re going home.”

To Venezuela?”

“No, to Dante.”

1 week later, at Dante’s community centre fundraising gala

I’m glad you all could make it.” Dante shook the Ruiz men hands with a friendly smile before his eyes lingered towards the woman who snaked her arm around Matias’s.

“So this must be Dante, my daughter surely does have good taste in men.” Adrianna put her hand forward expecting Dante to kiss it, much to her disappoint as he ignored the gesture.

I’m sorry I was under the impression that Athena’s mother had passed on.” Dante pretended to have no clue about what was going on.

“Well that’s a story for another time. Perhaps you can buy me a drink and tell me all about my daughter and your relationship.”

Drinks are complementary. Romulus could I have a word?” Dante points in the direction of the bar before requesting Rom’s company.

“He seems rather rude, I’m glad our daughter is no longer with him.” Adrianna comments while watching the men walk off.

“I’m sure it’s just the stress of tonight, Dante is a good man.” Matias defended.

Meanwhile

What is that snake doing here Rom?” Dante furiously questioned.

“Well we couldn’t exactly leave her alone back home, imagine what chaos she would have caused.”

Does she know about Athena and Alessio?”

“As far as Adrianna knows Athena is travelling across Europe although she is pushing the subject of her return home.”

That snake isn’t going anywhere near them.” Dante clenched his jaw.

“There you are love, it’s time for the mayor’s speech.” Crystal comes up to the men and places a kiss on Dante’s check much to Romulus’s disapproval.

Dante’s p.o.v.

I was greeted by a round of applause as Crystal introduced me onto the stage. An endless sea of rich people dressed in their fanciest attire had awarded me with their attention, hanging off each word of my speech.

I had being comfortable on stage, spreading my message whilst schmoozing  the wealthy hoping they would reach into those deep pockets of theirs until I saw a familiar face make their way through the crowd.