Losing You

“What can I say father, Athena kept looking at me with those ‘fuck me eyes’ of hers. I can tell why she’s Dante’s
favourite, she is one hell of a rider.”

“That’s my boy. Her family and Dante should have received our little video by now. I wish I could be there to bear witness of the look on their faces whilst watching Athena cry out.”

“What’s our next move?”

“We stay low key. I have Ramirez running things but he’s going to receive a lot of push back now that the police commissioner is no longer in our pocket.”

“What about her?” Fernando nudges his head in the direction of Athena.

“We make them wait and just when they think they’re close to finding her, she shows up in a body bag on her father’s front door.”

2 weeks later

Dante’s p.o.v

14 days, 336 hours, 20.160 minutes, 1.209.600 seconds. 1 lasting heartbreak.

The atmosphere around the manor was at an all-time low. Nobody had being sleeping for more than an hour at a time and we ate enough to survive yet everything was tasteless.

Some silently may have given up hope on finding Athena but how could I? I chose to believe that there was a God and that he would bring her back to me.

While Matias and his sons removed emotion from their tactics, Allesandro and I couldn’t. We surely did seem like two helpless fools. I had called in every favour owed to me, yet was met with the same disappointing news.

Hendrik offered to come down and look for Athena as well but I asked him to take care of my businesses, after all if there’s no breakthrough soon, I’ll need something to drown myself in. All my money, power and influence meant shit in a time like this. I was humbled in the worst way possible.

Family meeting in my study now.” 

Athena’s father shouted bringing me out of my sombre thoughts. I reached the room in time to witness Matias pour scotch in the glasses laid out in front of him. Nobody had said a word but were quick to down the alcohol in hopes it would burn the bitter taste of failure out of their mouths.

“With all due respect Matias, you’re wasting our time. We could be out there following any leads instead of drinking comfortably in your study.” Allesandro bluntly spoke out.

 I hadn’t this side of him before, so jaded and angry. Matias calmly put down his glass while Romulus and Remus poured themselves another drink. I just stood there, numb to the world.

There’s one last aspect we haven’t tried.”

“What is it?”

We fly to Mexico and hold Pedro’s business hostage until he returns Athena.”

“Are you insane father? That would be a suicide mission?”

“That’s why I, along with a specialised task force will be handling this. I can’t have anything happening to my other children.”

“I’m coming with you.” Both Sandro and I spoke up simultaneously.

“I think the fuck not.” Romulus glared at Allesandro, almost as if there was a secret looming between them.

Rom is right and I do not want to discuss this further, we depart at sundown.”

I truly wish I had a father like Matias, someone willing to throw their head on a sword for their child instead of using it as a weapon to harm their kin. This insane plan has to work, if not then we might as well have had declared a war.