Hello Satan

1 year later

Athena's p.o.v

"Rest easy my little angel." I say whilst placing a gentle kiss on top of my babys head before tip toeing out of the room.

Exhaustedly, I pour myself a glass of wine and reminisced about a time where life seemed perfect.

This past year as being both a blessing and a curse. Bringing my baby boy into the world was undoubtedly one of the best moments of my life, I just wished his father was around to meet him.

During my last few months of pregnancy, Remus came and stayed with me so I wouldn't go through any of the parenting motions alone which I was more than grateful for. As for papa and Romulus, well they came to meet the newest addition of our family at separate times, in case they were followed.

I had found myself settling down in a small fishing village, hours away from Venice, where Allesandro had being born. The quaint city of Portofino had a beautiful heritage and landscape which made the perfect new home.

My mind often lingered back to Dante, just as much as my pussy throbbed for his touch. He had being making big political moves recently, dethroning Ramirez from the mayoral position while sticking it to Pedro. I wish I could have being there to congratulate and tell him that I was proud of what he was doing but life had a different path for us to journey on.

As on cue, my phone rang and it was Fernando. He had being calling in to check up on my and his god child every week for the past year. We had this inseparable bond which I was grateful for after all he was our mole in the enemy's camp.

Knocks on my front door proceeded Fernando's call which had me slightly on edge. I reached for my gun that was kept in the foyer cabinet draw and held it behind me as I opened the door.

A young beautiful Cuban woman greeted me with a warm, friendly smile. She definitely wasn't from around here which raised my suspicions and caused me to tighten my grip on the gun.

"Athena Ruiz?" She politely asked.

"And you are?"

"Gisele Ines. Allesandro's wife."

I laughed at the strangers words before pointing the gun straight at her face and demanding answers.

"Who the hell sent you and why?"

"Wait, I'm telling the truth please just listen." Gisele handed me a folder while pleading.

"Allesandro and I met during his college tour to Princeton. I was working as an undocumented campus maid and was about to get deported. Allesandro married me so that I could receive a green card, there was never anything more to our friendship. I already explained all this to Dante, that's why he compelled this file for me to hand over to you, so you know it's the truth."

I skimmed through the folder that correlated with everything Gisele had briefly said. When I heard Dante put together the proof for me, my heart skipped a beat.

"How did you know where to find me?" I stepped aside and allowed the lady to enter my home.

"Dante told me after I explained to him why I had to come and see you."

So that meant Dante knew all this time where I was and that means he knows about Alessio but chose not to reach out.

"And why did you need to see me? After all it has being a year since Allesandro's passing."

"The timing was unfortunate, I had just been deployed and only received my leave now. The first thing I started to do was look for you and well that landed me at your ex employers office."