"Being Loved Is Overrated"

“Where the hell is she?” Dante grabs Romulus by the collar and demands answers.

“She’s gone Dante and right now the best thing you can do for her is move on, now get the hell out of my face.”

Move on? Move on? You want me to just move on like the last couple of months didn’t happen? Like I don’t love her and yearn for her presence every time she is away? I will get my men to find her and we will straighten all this out.”

“Enough.” Matias yells at the arguing duo.

“What we need to be focussing on is a way to permanently get rid of Pedro, that way when Athena decides to come back- which she will, it will be as safe as possible to do so. Right now he is vulnerable, which is the perfect time to strike.”

“What do you suggest we do papa?” Remus questions.

“If I’m not mistaken, the next mayoral election is in the next couple of months and I have a perfect new candidate.” 

“Who?”

“Well Dante of course. He’s involved in multiple charities which will hold good sway over the voters, plus with Deputy Mayor Miller’s backing and the new police commissioner on our side, Ramirez will be out in the cold.”

“Thus taking away Pedro’s biggest export route.”

“I see two flaws in this plan, one is that I don’t know anything about politics and two well the citizens of LA seem to think I’m involved in some kind of mafia, the don’t love me, they fear me.”

“Being loved is overrated, take that fear and turn it into respect. As for politics it’s not that much different from running a business, we will hire you a council and campaign manager to sort out the finer details.”

“And once Pedro’s business starts to crumble, we involve the DEA (drug enforcement agency) to take care of the rest.”

“I’m not sure they will be of much help, he probably already has half of them on his payroll.” Dante mentions.

“Ahh but we will have the other half on ours.”

The four men smile at each other and begin to put their plan into motion. Although heartache and sorrow still lingered in their souls, they found a reason to push past it and work for the betterment of the future.

Meanwhile, just off the Mexican border.

“I don’t understand father, why are we still in hiding? We are one of the biggest drug cartels, people should be fearing us.” Fernando spoke exuberantly.

“We’re not hiding my heir, we are plotting the destruction of Dante and the Ruiz family once and for all. It’s time I introduce you to my secret weapon.”

Pedro opens the door to a cottage and is greeted by the harmonious sound of a woman’s voice intertwined with hate.

“You son of a bitch. How dare you go after my daughter?” The woman raises her hand to slap Pedro but he grabs it mid-air and shoves it off.

“Careful my dear, remember who you are talking to. Your loyalty to that family disappeared the moment you asked me to fake your death.”

Fernando stood in a shocked silence as he laid eyes upon the woman who clearly looked like the older version of Athena.

Questions flooded his mind as to what the hell was happening but he had to remain cool and composed, his father could never suspect that he was working with the enemy.

Ahem.” Fernando clears his throat in order to gain some attention.

“My son, how rude of me, meet Adriana Morales otherwise known by her married name, Adriana Ruiz.”

“How did this even happen father?”

“Well when I said Athena’s mother was one of my woman I may have lied. We were in love for years and had an affair.”

“I wanted to be with Pedro but I had a husband and young children. So we concocted a plan where my children didn’t think mummy abandoned them whilst I got exactly what I wanted but I’m still mad at your father for going after Athena.” Adriana kissed Pedro on the cheek and he proceeded to wrap his arms around her.

“Why wait so long to tell me about this father? You had this whole secret life with her that I knew nothing about. What’s next? Are you two going to tell me Athena is your’lls love child?” Fernando subtly probed for the truth, disguising his intentions as an outburst.

“Oh she isn’t your half-sister, I had a DNA test done when she was born.”

“How horrific would it have been if she was? Do you really think I would have let you sleep with your step sister? Even I have boundaries when it comes to that sort of thing.”

Fernando laughed and knew he had to reach someone in the Ruiz household and warn them about Adriana being a part of the undead.

“So what’s the plan?”

“We let Dante and the Ruiz men think they are in charge for now, once they celebrate their false victory, we strike with my beautiful secret weapon.” 

Pedro grabs Adriana and the two start passionately kissing before making their way to a nearby bedroom. Fernando saw this as an opportunity to try and get a hold of his newly found alliance back in Venezuela.

Back at Ruiz Manor 

“You’re fucking kidding me.” Romulus exclaims over the phone, catching the attention of his father and Remus.

“I saw her with my own two eyes and she confirmed everything, not even with a little bit of remorse in her voice.”

“That snake. How could she do this to my family? Thanks for the heads up though Fernando, we’ll be in touch.”

She and my father deserve each other, they’re both monsters. While I have you on the phone, can I speak to Athena please?”

Romulus explains the situation to Fernando and pleads him not to tell Athena about their mother being alive just yet.

“Alright, just let her know I will always have her best interests at heart.”

After the phone call, a defeated Romulus dreaded telling his father and little brother what he had just found out. Then men were in utter shock and anger began to consume them.

“If Pedro and Adriana think that they’re going to get away with all of this, they have a world of pain awaiting them.