I'm Not That Short

Undisclosed location

“I checked the security footage outside the councilwoman’s office but that and any nearby cameras were wiped clean.”

“Why would she wait all this time? What could she possibly be after? Money? Power?” Hendrik deliberates.

It could be anything at this point. I mean who knows how long she has being following us, waiting for the right moment to strike.”

“We’ve dealt with worse and if need be this mysterious woman will meet the same fate as my father.”

“Gisele is with Athena and Alessio, she’ll stay with them until you get home.” Hendrik voices after reading a text message from his beloved.

“Good, have you filled her in on the situation?”

“Yes and she knows not to say anything to Athena.”

“Go over the description of this woman one last time with me, there must be something we’re missing.” Fernando stated as he rubbed his temples in frustration.

“Long golden locks that draped over her shoulders, she obviously spent a lot of time in the sun considering her natural tan. She was tall, she could easily tower over Antonio.”

“Come on boss, I’m not that short.” Antonio protests.

“Brother, you’re 5’2. You had to wear shoe lifts so your prom date wouldn’t see you as a midget.” Hendrik laughs.

“I told you that in confidence.”

As the men continued to argue about height, Dante tried to remember every detail of the woman that was haunting him.

“She had a tattoo.” 

Silence fell upon the room.

I saw a partial print of it as her sleeve rolled up when she grazed my shoulder.”

“What did it look like?” Fernando handed Dante a pen and piece of paper to scribble on.

Some sort of bird in mid-flight with darkened feathers. There was also an inscription but I couldn’t make it out.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Fernando exclaims as Dante handed him the sketch.

“What is it?” Hendrik enquired.

“I’ve seen this tattoo before and I know exactly who it belongs to.”

“Well don’t keep us waiting, spit it out.”

“Since my father died, I’ve had access to all his files and paperwork which included the names of his associates. I believe the woman you’re looking for is Carolina Debreu, small time gang leader of the jet crows.” Fernando hands off his phone to Dante so that he may identify the woman.

“That’s the bitch.”

“So you’re telling me, Pedro found a way to screw you from the grave. That bastard, what are we going to do about her boss?” Antonio questioned.

We are not going to do anything until I get my hands on all possible recordings of that night. If need be, I’ll just have to play whatever sick game she has in mind until I beat her.”

“I think I should go back to Mexico and find out more about Carolina, see if there’s anything we can use against her.”

Fine, just be careful. If she thinks we’re sniffing around, who knows what she might do. Any fights booked tonight Hendrik? I need to blow off some steam.”