Surpriseee! Keep reading ♥

“So, what do we do now?” I asked him. We were back in his apartment, standing just in front of the couch. “Don’t I have to like, call Jive or do something?” I turned away from him, deep in thought.

“It’s all sorted, I told you, go in next week and they’ll start recording. As for now…I have an idea of what we could do… and no one would interrupt us this time,” Ryan said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He was behind me and his breath was pleasant on my neck.

“Well, you’ll have to catch me first!” I cheekily said, removing myself from his arms and running over to the other side of the coffee table.

“Oh, it’s on,” He said, clicking his fingers in a square in the air in attempt of having ‘sass’. I laughed and suddenly saw him move around to table trying to catch me. I dodged his arm, just barely, and ran over to the other side of the room, behind the dining table. After about 10 minutes of our small chasey game, Ryan began to pant.

“Blair, you’re teasing me now. I’m begging you,” He groaned, getting down on his knees and raising his hands in defeat. He closed his eyes, and I sneaked up on him quietly, standing in front of him and waiting for his eyes to open. He smiled and quickly stood up, planting small kisses on my lips. I smiled a little and slid my arms through his, lifting them up so I could grip his shoulders. He began to move the kisses down my neck, leaving a trail of warmth and pleasure. He slowly walked backwards to try and find the couch, instead hitting to coffee table with the back of his shins. This was obviously good enough, as he began to slide his hands up my body, catching my jumper and singlet on the way up and raising it. After I was finished shrugging the heap of it off, Ryan threw it away, not caring where it landed. As his lips met mine I suddenly got thinking. What am I doing?! I’m turning into my mother! I began to back away a little, only causing Ryan to moan and bring me back in closer. I lost interest in what we were doing, knowing that I was too young for this. I’d made a promise to Damien, no sex until I was married. But… I was technically engaged. As I thought about that, Ryan had already got his shirt off. He hands trailed down to the button of my jeans, undoing it and unzipping the zip. Yes, I was engaged. It would have to do. He led me over to the couch and pushed my down onto it, laying on top of me moments later.

“I’m so glad we’re back together,” he murmured, his lips against my ear.

“Me too,” I said. I tried to say it happily, but it sounded… forced. Like I really wasn’t glad. He noticed, and pulled back, looking at me intently.

“I didn’t mean to say it like that! I swear,” I stated pleadingly.

“Look, if you don’t want to be together, say it now. Don’t just string me along.”

“Ryan, I want to be with you. It’s just…” I got up from the couch and walked around the coffee table, facing away from him as I said my next words. “Look at us, Ryan. I’m 17, you’re 25. Don’t tell me this would have ever worked out in the long run.”

“No!” Ryan said sternly and made his way around the coffee table to stand close to me. He stretched his arms out and put them around me, still looking down into my eyes. “Look at what my tattoo says.” He lifted his Van Halen shirt down to show me, and pointed to the third line.

“Blair… my heart’s chosen you.”

2 years later -

I sat down on the kitchen chair, thinking of ways to tell Ryan the news. My heart was drumming in my chest and I suddenly felt nauseas. Swallowing, I took a deep breath and looked at the small test in the middle of the table. I picked it up and checked it over twice; making sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me.  As I put it down, I saw what was on my ring finger. Ryan had lived up to his promise, and there was a 4 carat ring on my finger, the diamond flicked in the light and caused me to take a sudden intake of breath. It was beautiful. We were also scheduled to get married in 2 weeks today. I’d taken time off from work, of which had worked out perfectly. I was still with Jive records, and so far I’d sold one album that went straight to the top of the charts. It was called ‘Wanted’ and featured a few songs with Hot Chelle Rae. My single, ‘Never Say Quit’ went straight to the top too, in the whole world.  Sure, I’d gotten hate. But I could deal with it now, because no one could stop me from achieving my dream. I’d told Jive that my genre wasn’t just pop, those songs with no instruments annoyed me so much. So they’d put instruments in there, it was close to head-banging but also very far off from it. To be honest, I loved it. And I wasn’t going to change for anybody.

There was a twist of the doorknob and Ryan stepped inside. He had a duffel bag over his right shoulder and smiled when he saw me.

“Hey babe-“He was cut off as I rushed up and wrapped my arms around him. He held me tightly before letting me go and holding my shoulders. “What’s up? Is something wrong?” His eyes were concerned as they stared deep into mine.

“Ryan… the test… it’s positive,” I managed to choke out. I couldn’t tell if I was excited or completely stressed.

“Wait, you mean?” His duffel bag dropped to the ground with a ‘thud’ and he didn’t bother to pick it back up. I nodded at his words. Ryan’s smile stretched from ear to ear. He picked me up and spun me around, my hair whirling around us both. Fancy that, a 20-year-old and a 27-year-old taking on this amazing task.

“I’m going to be… a father?”