Chapter 3 - Sneaking out

During the week I’d been on my laptop searching Hot Chelle Rae interviews, just to pass the time. I was looking at one from April 22nd, 2012. The Rave was interviewing Hot Chelle Rae, and at the beginning the interviewer identified herself as Ali. She welcomed them back and they all began to speak at once.

“Hello, Hello. This is starting to feel very normal,” Ryan said with a smile on his face.

“You guys come here on a regular basis,” Ali said to all 4 of the boys.

“We do,” Nash and Ryan said in sync. Ryan was wearing a shade of grey-green button up shirt, tucked into his blue jeans. His belt was a light brown and he wore a watch on his left wrist. Ian was sitting next to him on the couch, with his hair put up in a low ponytail. He was also wearing a button up shirt, his being blue and the sleeves reached his forearms. His buttons were half undone, revealing a small portion of his chest. His jeans were as black as his hair. Nash was the next over and he wore a white tank top that showed off the tattoos on his right arm. His pants were rolled up at the ankles and his hair was a natural shade of brown, with a touch of orange. Jamie was on the end of the couch and he was dressed in a stylish red and grey polo shirt. His pants were a light brown and his hair was long, reminding me that this was obviously before his haircut. The interviewer asked a few questions on how they’ve been and about their tours, and Ryan answered most confidently. He was holding his microphone closer to his mouth than the others, projecting his deep voice throughout the interview. Nash’s voice was slightly higher, and the two of them spoke most throughout the interview. Jamie seemed shy, as always, through the interview and barely spoke much. Looking at him I saw he was holding the microphone close to his mouth as if he was about to speak, but never let his voice out. Ian was holding the microphone up and resting his chin on it, nodding alone with the speaking and keeping his eyes on whoever was talking. After Ryan had finished talking about the music videos, Ian piped in, his voice as deep and enthralling as Ryan’s.

“It was supposed to be a day off, actually,” Ian said, causing the other boys to chuckle. “And they were like, ‘oh surprise, you’ve gotta go shoot music videos.” He was calm and really showed his humour throughout the interview. I admired him, he was a funny guy and was always himself no matter what.

Nash spoke about getting woken up at 7am and then having 2 hours of sleep that night, which the boys could all agree on.

Jamie spoke for the first time in the interview. “We’re not mad or anything, we promise. We really love it,” He joked. I smiled, Jamie was so sweet, but he gave off a shy vibe. One of the many things I loved about him.

I paused the video and closed my computer down, feeling that 18 videos were enough for today.

The night of the concert arrived, but I wasn’t up for it anymore. I hadn’t left my room all week unless I really had to. For food and for the bathroom, that was absolutely it. I hadn’t talked to Cass either, and in the 37 texts she sent me I could tell she was worried. I was surprised that she hadn’t called yet. As if reading my mind from across the park, my iPhone blasted the new song, Hall Of Fame by The Script. I sighed and picked the phone up in my hands, knowing there was only so long I could avoid talking to Cass. I flipped the case open and pressed the answer button.

“Hello?” I answered moodily.

“Blair! What the hell is up? I’ve been texting you all week!” Cass yelled through the phone. I held it about a ruler-length away from my ear, but I could still hear it perfectly clear.

“I… Just something happened, that’s all. I’m grounded, I can’t go to the concert.” My voice was flat, and there was silence as soon as I spoke those three horrid words. I can’t go.