Chapter 15 - Unexpected turn of events

It wasthe night of the first concert, and as Cass and I relaxed on the white, square-looking couch, the boys scurried around in the hotel room to get ready. We were staying at the Somerset Hotel in Melbourne. It was very modern, although due to late booking (and the clerks not knowing about Hot Chelle Rae) we got a room with 2 bedrooms, which meant 3 beds for all 6 of us. Ryan had declared as soon as he saw the double bed that it was mine and his, which left the others to sort out arrangements. Turns out that Cass and Jamie got the other bedroom, with two single beds, and Nash and Ian got the two couches in the living area. I was currently on Nash’s bed which was facing the window. We were about 7 stories up and the view was amazing, I saw so many lights. It was quite dark at 6:00 here, so after gazing out of the window I grabbed out my phone. Clicking onto twitter, I snapped a photo of the view and uploaded it. Within a few minutes people started to reply, saying things like ‘welcome!’ and ‘omgomgomg you’re in Australia!’ Of course, there were a few rude replies. I was bound to have a few haters in my 42, 868 followers. Within a day of cute replies on twitter between me and Ryan, I had gained 40, 000. While only following 3,078 I thought that was pretty amazing.

“Okay, we’re going. You guys will be there right? You’ve got the tickets?” Ryan asked from standing at the door of the room.

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world,” I replied sweetly, holding two tickets in my hand to show him I had them. It sucked that we weren’t allowed VIP entry or escorts to the front, but we all agreed that it wouldn’t be fair to the fans if we pushed in like that. We’d have to push our way through the concert like last time.

I stood up to grab my bag and make sure I had all the contents I needed. Cass got up too and wished all the boys good luck before going into the bathroom to touch up her makeup. After giving Ryan a quick kiss, I went in there to do the same, but stopped to admire the reflection. I was wearing light blue denim jeans and a white t-shirt with ‘forever young’ printed on it. To go with my jeans I picked a brown belt engraved with swirls. The belt went really well with my brown leather handbag, which also went well with my high-heeled boots. They had a boho pattern on them, one that I really admired. On my head I wore a red bandana, tied at the back and the long strip sat across the top of my head nicely. (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=497762203574937&set=pb.478433512174473.-2207520000.1350736036&type=1&theater) I looked over at Cass, who was wearing something very similar to mine. She had on the same jeans, as we’d bought them together in Nashville, and a black Jack Daniels whiskey shirt with a white blazer. Her shoes were the same design as mine only grey, and as I looked at us both I realised we matched. (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=498837850134039&set=pb.478433512174473.-2207520000.1350735967&type=1&theater) I smiled and leaned in to the mirror, grabbing the powder puff out of her hands and puffing my face a little before placing it back in her hand. Because of her complexion being different to mine, my cheeks were a little darker after applying it. It outlined my cheekbones nicely, so I shrugged and slung my bag over my shoulder and looked over at her through the mirror.

“You ready?” I asked.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” came her reply.

“You know, I hardly think its fair that we have to be in the back right now. I mean come on! You’re dating Ryan Follese! We should be right up there with him,” Cass grumbled, slinging her shoulders forward and stomping to the doors of the Melbourne Festival Hall. As we were walking through the halls I saw many girls stop and stare. I suddenly felt very self conscious, looking down at my feet and walking behind Cass to hopefully shield myself. We gave in our tickets and got our hands stamped before walking in to a crowd of screaming teenagers. I breathed a sigh of relief, the darkness would mean I wouldn’t get noticed here. Cass stopped and turned around, grabbing my hand so she couldn’t lose me.