Chapter 14 - Welcome to Australia

"Are you ready?" Ryan teased as Cass and I stepped out of the SUV. We'd made a quick stop to gather supplies for me and Cass, although Cass was a lot more prepared than me due to the fact that her parents were supportive of this decision, and swapped cars. We'd called the clerk to tell him that his car was at the Rentals place and quickly rented the SUV. This time the car was quite big enough, with Cass in the seat in the very back with suitcases surrounding her.

We answered Ryan with a series of squeals as we looked at the tour bus. We began to walk, but the 4 boys stepped in front of us.

"Are you forgetting where our tour is?" Ian said, his tone doubtful.

"Oh..." I said disappointingly. I did remember where it was, Australia, I just forgot about it until now. "So why is the tour bus here?"

"It's being shipped through in cargo, should be there in a few days. Which is why we're leaving early," Nash piped in, sounding very proud of the organisation skills involved.

"Okay, here's the plan," Ryan said informingly to Cass and I. "We'll go to the airport in a second, we're just here to load up the bus with our food so we don't have to go through security with it, and then we'll catch our flight to Australia. When we get in Melbourne we'll be two days earlier than we're due there, so we'll go into a hotel and stay there until the bus arrives. When it does we'll perform, get on the bus and go to Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin, Perth and Adelaide. It's going to be a long ride... You guys up for it?"

I looked at Cass and she looked back at me. Grins spread across our faces and we raised our eyebrows excitedly.

"Of course!" We said in sync.

"So what do we do now?" Cass asked, grabbing a dark brown lock of hair and twirling it in between her fingers. It was a habit of hers, it was quite cute. She only did it when she was nervous though, so I knew something was up.

"How long will you guys be loading the bus?" I asked curiously, somehow knowing what Ryan was going to say next.

"Us guys?! Hey, you're helping!" Ryan began to jog towards the bus, Cass and I following while groaning in a declining manner. I guess I'll have to talk to her later...

Before stepping into the bus I looked at the outside of it, taking in my road-home for the next few weeks. It was overall a very big bus, with windows along the top that stopped halfway along. The colours were amazing; the top half of the bus was a dark red with silver underneath it to line the bottom. The red was decorated with golden swirls that stretched the whole length of the bus. (http://www.google.com.au/imgres?num=10&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=639&tbm=isch&tbnid=vmRE57_G6neuMM:&imgrefurl=http://hotchelleraefans.com/%3Fpage_id%3D551&docid=TxVa3ENgrn_51M&imgurl=http://hotchelleraefans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/hcr-bus-D.jpg&w=1024&h=768&ei=poB-UL2fJoyhiAep3YH4AQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=557&vpy=348&dur=583&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=177&ty=152&sig=109539734026148237880&page=4&tbnh=131&tbnw=173&start=68&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:62,s:20,i:319)

I jumped up the stairs that were in the doorway at the very front of the vehicle, having to step over towels and clothes. After a few seconds of searching, I found a spot of floor that was clear. I jumped over onto it, making sure not to step on any of the belongings. The boys thought otherwise, apparently, because they were trampling over the mess like it meant nothing. I looked around the interior. The coach had only one seat in it, being the driver's seat. Directly across from that was the door, and it slowly shut behind Cass, who was the last person in. The first thing that caught my eye in the bus was the cupboards at the back. Instead of being made from timber, they were made from mirror. I saw my reflection staring back at me. My clothes were looking dirty, my white shorts had turned to a light shade of grey and my hoodie felt cold against my skin. It wasn't made of cotton, but a special sweat resistant material designed to keep the heat out so fatigue would come slower. My hair was a mess, the waves had more frizz than usual and I tried desperately to flatten it a little, all the while the boys were walking around the bus putting things in cupboards which blocked my vision from the mirrors at times. A voice cut through my thoughts and I looked over to see Jamie staring at me expectantly.