Chapter 2 - Shattered dreams

So, here's something new! In the sidebar, there are pictures of the characters. NOTE: THEY MAY NOT RELATE TO THE CHAPTER. The characters might not be in the chapter that their picture is in, but i'm sure you'll understand that going back through every chapter to sort through them is a lot of work for me, especially since i'm struggling to update reguarly anyway. Well, enjoy! ♥

__________________________________________________ 

"Grounded?!" I yelled loudly. "What for! I just went for a walk and met some friends."

"You know damn well what for!" mum yelled back evenly. "What if you had something happen to you? I woke up and you were gone. Gone! Do you have any idea what that's like for a parent?"

Anger boiled up inside of me. How dare she say this? "Firstly, I had my phone! If you had bothered to call me you would have known I was okay. Secondly, how many times have you walked out of this house and not told me? Huh? I wake up some days without you here, your phones on the table and I have to deal with the thought of you maybe never coming back. Please, save your stupid parenting lectures for when you can bother being a good parent!" I pushed past her and stormed into my room, slamming the door and locking it behind me. I dragged myself towards my bed and slumped down onto it. My face was smothered by the quilt and I moved my head to the side to get some air. My blonde hair was covering my face and I tried desperately to blow it out of the way. After 3 failed attempts I finally heaved myself up and brushed my hair aside. I looked down at where I'd let go of my phone as I landed on the bed. I should text Cass... but that would get me nowhere. Cass would be infuriated and come after my mum with a hacksaw if she ever found out. I groaned with frustration. What was a girl to do? I laid down on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. It had special glow-starts stuck to the roof which lit up at night. They went in a stream from my door to above my bed, and at night they looked dazzling. I felt my eyes begin to close as I lay there deep in thought. Questions spun through my mind. What if I sneak out? Maybe mum will change her mind after what I said? What if she doesn't? What if I don't get to go? The questions started to slur in my mind. My eyes felt heavy and a tear escaped from them before I drifted into a deep unconsciousness.

I woke and looked out of my window. Outside was dark and I squinted to see the houses down the road -- my bedroom was on the side of the house, and I could see some houses down the street because of our fenceless house. Their lights were off as well. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. They felt puffy and swelled. I blinked a few times and found that my vision wasn't blurry anymore. I looked over to the clock on my bedside table. It was 12:03am, I'd been asleep for 7 hours at the most. My stomach suddenly growled and I clutched my white laced singlet, crumpling the fabric and digging my nails into my skin. Swinging my legs over my bed, I searched for my phone. I scanned the room, starting with my bed and then the floor, thinking it might have fallen as I slept. As I was on the floor lifting up my quilt to check under my bed, something sparkly was next to my alarm clock. I looked up through the glass of the table to see my phone. I must have missed it before while checking the time. But I didn't remember putting it there in the first place, which means mum must have come in during the night. Flipping it open, I checked for messages. All that was on the lock screen were notification from Wattpad, showing two people I was a fan of had updated stories. I clicked the lock button and got up to get some food. I threw my phone on the bed and walked down the hall to the kitchen. Rummaging through the fridge, I found a tub of raspberry yoghurt. I'd bought it on Saturday while doing the groceries and hadn't opened it. I cracked the lid off and set the container down on the granite kitchen bench. I peeled off the foil layer carefully, making sure to get it all off on the one go, and threw it in the bin next to the fridge. Grabbing a spoon from the drawer and a bowl from the cupboard, I scooped two spoonfuls of yoghurt into the bowl and walked into the lounge room. I grabbed the remote and sat down on the brown leather couch, flicking the TV on and clicking onto the guide to see what was on.