Chapter 18 - All I want is you

I wheeled my suitcase over the marble floor, looking around aimlessly. There were so many amazing things in this hotel already, and we were only at the front desk. We were checked in and told where our rooms would be. This time Cass and I had our own room, and Hot Chelle Rae shared another. It was nice to have some freedom, to act crazy like I did with Cass, and not have to worry about being noticed -- but I would miss being with Ryan an awful lot. As we walked down one of the long hallways to our rooms, I shrugged the thought off and put on a smile.

“Well, this is us,” Nash announced, stopping at a door reading 137. The numbers were gold, and they reflected off of every surface, obviously being polished regularly. Nash unlocked the door and stepped inside, the boys following after. Ryan stayed, however, waiting for them to be in the room to speak.

“I’ll walk Blair to her room, be back in a sec,” He said rather loudly. Jamie looked back and shrugged, nodding his head before closing the door. I looked down at the sheet of paper in my hand. Number 145, just a few doors down. After walking for about 10 paces, we arrived at the door. Cass unlocked it and stepped inside, her suitcase jumping over the small chrome joiner that connected the tiles to the carpet in the room. I began to walk inside when Ryan pulled my arm back.

“You sure you guys will be okay alone?” He asked, concerned.

“Yeah, we’ve got each other. We’ll be fine,” I replied hesitantly. Ryan smiled at me, convinced by my answer.

“And you won’t be all alone…” He said mischievously.

I gave a small laugh and moved in a little closer. “What does that mean?”

“I’m planning to sneak in your room tonight, but shh.” He held a finger up to his lips. “Don’t tell anyone.” He winked at me.

“You’d have to be quiet, wouldn’t want to wake Cass up.” I brought my hand up and ran my finger along the bandana he was wearing in his hair today. It was white with black patterns on it, it went perfectly with his white t-shirt printed with a smiley-face. I had to admit, I was making excuses, although I was hoping he would pay no attention to them. There was no denying that I wanted him.

“I’ll have you know that I can do lots of things quietly,” Ryan said, a playful smile on his face that made me want to melt.

“Well then,” I said, running my hands down his torso and linking my index fingers through the front belt loops of his black jeans. I pulled him in to me and closed most of the distance between us. “I’ll be looking forward to it.”

He leaned down and completely closed the distance between us, tucking a stray lock of hair behind my left ear. It only fell back again, causing him to smile and rest his hand on my cheek. I should really go into the room and stay with Cass… I thought earnestly. But I couldn’t leave Ryan just yet. I brought my lips up to his, our noses just scraping together. I got up onto my tip-toes, only to realize that I could merely stay on them for seconds at a time. I was exhausted, and the more energy I put into keeping balanced, the less energy I would have for the rest of the night. Ryan seemed to sense this, bending down a little and picking my up like he did back in the Melbourne hotel. It was like I was weightless to him, and he rested his hands on my backside so I wouldn’t fall out of his arms. And really, that’s the only place I wanted to be right now. In his arms. It was bliss, but I found myself being put back down on my own two feet. I pulled away from Ryan, opening my eyes to see his still closed.

“If that’s what’s going to happen tonight, then I’m all set,” he breathed, slowly opening his eyes and blinking a few times.

“Relax,” I teased. “That was just a preview.”