Goodbyes

“Sandro? Sandro? Wake up please. I need you to open those eyes and look into my soul, I need to hear you call me princess. I need you in my life.” Athena begs a now lifeless corpse while uncontrollable tears and heartache flooded her being.

“He’s gone Athena. I’m so sorry.” Romulus bends down and checks Allesandro’s pulse, finding no beat and consoles his sister.

“Athena, come here baby.” Dante grabs a hold of his girl, who for a few moments soaked his shirt in tears before breaking away from his embrace.

Get the hell away from me.” Athena bitterly commanded Dante, who was utterly confused.

“There’s no time for this, we have to get away from here. Rom and Remus, load Allesandro’s body into the boot, we will make funeral arrangements at home.” Matias instructed.

The morning of Allesandro’s funeral, a few days later.

Athena’s p.o.v

‘How are you holding up?’ – A question been continuously asked to me as if there was one specific answer. The truth is I didn’t want to feel anything – the loss of someone I loved or the joy of being pregnant. All I wanted to do is feel numb and let that numbness consume me.

“Are you ready?” Remus gently knocked on my door and patiently waited for my answer.

“I’ll be out in a minute.” I answered, taking a deep breath in trying to regain my composure.

“Dante is here to see you. Do you want me to turn him away again?”

No, I’ll meet with him.”

Dante had been coming to the manor each day since Allesandro’s passing but I had refused to see him. My person was gone and no amount of sympathies or apologies would bring him back. Sometimes in order to heal, you have to be alone.

“Hi.” Dante tried to muster up a smile but I could see the pain in his eyes. A man so mighty and powerful being brought to his knees by my rejection. I knew he was hurting as well but I couldn’t overlook my own pain.

Hi.” In that moment a storm of emotions were brewing inside of me. I wanted to jump Dante’s bones and at the same time scream at him – is this what pregnancy hormones do to a women?

“I’ve been worried about you. After the funeral we are going home to sort out a few things and then take a long vacation. Where do you want to go? The Swiss Alps or the Maldives? I don’t really care as long as you are in my arms.”

Dante spoke and made plans for us as if everything was normal, but they were the furthest thing from it.

End of p.o.v

“I’m not going anywhere with you Dante. If it wasn’t for your vendetta against Pedro and the inability of my mother to keep her legs closed, Allesandro would still be alive.”

“Wait so you’re blaming me for everything that has happened? Maybe if you didn’t wonder off alone, we wouldn’t have had to come and rescue you.”

“Excuse me? You know what, you are right this is on me. If I didn’t start sleeping with you none of this would have happened. My biggest regret is walking into Romano Industries.”

Athena’s words had struck a nerve. Dante was now raging and this could be seen by the way he clenched his jaw ever so tightly and balled his fists. Within a few strides Dante had backed Athena up against the wall, trapping her between his biceps.