Chapter 28

A'leah

I woke up the next morning without August beside me. He slept in the guest-room last night. I've never seen him that upset with me. I sluggishly walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. I had bags under my eyes, my hair was a mess. Maybe I just need a girl's day or something.

Every since August and I have been in Atlanta we've be around each other twenty-four seven. Dealing with my pregnancy and balancing his career all at one time is hard.

He put his career on hold for a while. His trip to Dubai is in less than two weeks. There's no money coming in from either of us and I don't wanna touch our emergency fund which technically is a college fund for the kids now. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I decided to hit up Cha. Since my hair was in need of a miracle I figured we could have some girl time too.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Cha." I smiled.

"Girl where have you been?" I sighed and walked back into my bedroom putting her on speaker.

"I've been around."

"You sound like you could use some girl time."

"I really could and my hair use a miracle." I whined. She laughed.

"I'll be over in twenty or less. It shouldn't take me long since the girls are with Mama Sheila."

"Thank you Cha." I smiled.

"No problem." I disconnected the call to see August standing in the doorway. I wonder how long he was standing there.

"Wazzam?" I tossed my phone onto our bed and looked at him.

"Hi."

"Who was you on tha' phone wit'?"

"Cha."

"Oh."

"Mhm." He walked out the room and I followed after him.

"Baby." I whined.

"Don't baybeh me. Whatchu want A'leah?" I rolled my eyes.

"Stop calling me that."

"That is yo name right?"

"August I'm sorry." He put his hoodie on and grabbed his keys.

"I'm sure you are A'leah. I'll be out wit' Trav." He slammed the front door shut which caused me to jump. I guess an apology won't work.

_______

"Girl you did what?" She continued to sew my weave in and turn my chair around.

"I took his car and went home." I mumbled.

"Why'd you go off on him like that though?"

"Because he didn't defend me Cha." She giggles and shook her head.

"Leah you kno' you was wrong."

"Mama Sheila said the same thing."

"It's true. Did August tell you about the girl that approached him?"

"Yes."

"So girl what's the problem? If he told you about the girl that approached him you should be thankful that he respected you enough to do so. Wasn't he upset with you when yall got the the gym?"

"Yes." I mumbled.

"August could have been sneaky as hell and started to fuck around with that girl and not tell you shit. But he did reguardless of how upset you made him.