Chapter 5

August

"Baybeh we gotta talk." Leah sat beside me onna couch resting her head on it. We was back at Cha's house wit' da girls while she was still workin'.

"About what?" I rubbed my chin hair and held her hands.

"Work." She frowned and rested her on head on my chest.

Leah ain't ever gon' lose her job. I on tha' other hand can't seem ta' get a job. A nine ta' five ain't fa' a nigga like me.

"Toya offered me a job at-"

"La'Toya? Tasha's cousin?" I nodded and rubbed her thighs.

"She was at Cha's shop or whateva, and hooked me up wit' a lah' gig at da Penthouse. Somethin' bout gettin' signed ta' Def Jam records."

"Isn't that a strip club?" I rubbed da back of my neck nervously.

"Yeah baybeh. But ion't want dem broads. I got da baddest one right chea'." She smacked her lips and tried ta' get offa me. I laughed and held her waist.

"You always playing."

"Baybeh we all know you da baddest bitch outchea."

"Of course baby but why a strip club?" She whined.

"I'ca give two fucks bout dem broads baybeh. You all a nigga need. Besides you know I wanna get signed ta' Def Jam."

Music kept me sane growing up. Since I grew up in a dysfunctional atmosphere, singing got me thru allat bullshit. Trav tol' me dat a Def Jam producer was lookin' fa' me cause they wanted ta' sign a nigga. But, I was locked up fa' a while so they kept on lookin'. If I do get signed, this could be a better opprotunity fa' me, but fa' my baybeh as well.

"We need dis money mama. You neva kno' dis could be a blessing fa' us."

"Yeah you right."

"You kno' I wanna give you a Range ta' ride in. I wanna take you out and show you off. I wanna marry ya and have a couple kids."

"A couple? Who's poppin' a couple kids outta this pussy?"

"You big head." She frowned.

"Keep it up light bright." I waved her off.

"You won't do nun. But fareal, how you feelin' bout dis? She locked her hands wit' mines and looked at me.

"Well you've always said that by next year you'll have a BET Award so I'm gonna hold you to that. Althought I disagree with your working environment, I'll get over it just for you. And it's not like you'll be working at the strip club right?"

I smiled. "Right. And how you rememba' dat?"

"How could I not? That's all you talk about."

"It is not."

"Is too."

"Is is not."

"Is too."

"Not."

"Too."

"Not."

"Too." She playfully rolled her eyes at me and shook her head.

"You really get on my nerves." I kissed her cheek and gripped her thighs.

"You love me tho."

"When do you start working?" I rubbed da bridge of my nose and groaned.

"Tonight." Her eyes widen.

"Tonight!?"

"I gotta be at that' club at eleven. A Def Jam producer finna be there too."