Chapter 8

A'leah

"How would you feel if I became a video vixen?" He started laughing and tapped my thighs, signaling me to get up.

I got off his lap and sat on the bed trying to study his facial expression. I don't know if he was angry or disappointed.

He was scaring me.

"Now I'a kno' dat shit ain't just come out yo mouth."

"Excuse me?"

"You done lost yo rabbit ass mind you think ima let chu become some video hoe Leah."

He the bridge of his nose and chuckled. I could tell he was getting upset.

"August baby I haven't taken the j-"

"Ion't care luhh mama.You ain't finna be no video hoe A'leah. Dis shit dead na'." He waved me off and took his shirt off.

"Can you just hear me out August?" He gave me a straight face and shook his head.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No A'leah."

"Yes August."

"A'leah Briana."

"August Anthony."

He sucked his teeth and playfully rolled his eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and batted my eyelashes.

"Come on baby don't be like that. Hear me out and if you still don't agree, I'll just keep working at the bakery."

He looked down at me and pecked my lips, squeezing my ass.

"Ight baybeh. Gone head na'."

"As I was saying, a video vixen and a video hoe are two different things. I'd just be modeling in videos with celebrities, male or female."

He squinted his eyes at me and cupped my ass squeezing it a few times. "You tryna be a video vixen buh don't be 'round otha' niggas."

"I know that baby bu-"

"Nope, my luhh baybeh won't be in no video wit' these wack ass niggas showin' off ya body. Ya lost me on dat one."

"Be quiet I'm not done. Toya gave me an agent's number and told me to contact her when I'm ready."

"What I'a say doe?"

"You said yes Leah, take the job."

"I'a neva said dat. Now da answer is no."

"Yes?"

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"August Anthony."

"A'leah Seoul."

I folded my arms across my chest, looking away from him. He's not seeing where I'm coming from.

We can't at least I refuse to live off of the money he makes. He's working hard to earn that, not me.

As much as I love working at the bakery with Miss.Ruby, I can't see myself working there for the rest of my life.

Now don't get me wrong, working at the bakery all this time has helped August and I to get by.

I want to have my own house, own car, own hustle. August and I can't live with Cha and the girls forever.