Chapter 14

Happy New Year loves!

Before you all read I just wanted to say this. The last chapter of the story Miss Ruby had an aggressive behavioral episode due to her having Alzheimers and Dementia. She head-butted August when he tried to sedate her. I don't appreciate how a few readers wrote "lmao" or "I know this isn't supposed to be funny but lol".

((I'm not going to mention them, you can just see the comments for yourselves))

The content in the last chapter wasn't supposed to be funny at all. Alzheimers and Dementia is a serious condition. Like I mentioned before, my great-grandfather has it and has been diagnosed with it for a year now.

I helped take care of him this past summer and dealt with his episodes and symptoms. Eventually his condition will eat away at his brain and he'll die from it.

He's only 87 years old and his memory is shot. I haven't seen him since September and I miss him alot. I called him earlier and he didn't even know who I was or what today was. I had to give my mom the phone because I couldn't speak to him. But enough of my ranting and story telling, I just needed to address the issue.

-Nija

Aug & Leah's house in the MM.

--

A'leah

"How are you feeling baby?" It's been a few hours since he's been released from the hospital.

Stony dropped our plane tickets off just a few minutes ago. Our flight is scheduled for 8:30 tonight.

"I'm a'ight mama." He kissed my cheek and held me in his arms.

Tonight's our last night in New Orleans. Nola is like a second home for me, I can't believe we're actually leaving.

After all the struggling, hard work it's finally paying off and I can't say that I'm not happy. Aug kissed all over my stomach and smiled. He's been talking to it since we came home.

"Baybeh, can you buh'lee dat we been ta'getha fa' four years na'?" I shook my head no and buried my face in the crook of his neck.

Most women would have left August for the simple fact that he had no money or anything to call his own. None of that mattered to me.

So what if we don't go out on dates or do things that couples do. We're just getting on our feet. Things take time and I have all the patience in the world.

"No I can't buh'lee dat I wake up to your ugly face fa' three years." I mocked. He frowned.

"I kno' damn well ya ass didn't just mock me." I giggled and bit his cheek.

"Buh'lee dat baybeh." He smacked his lips and gripped my thighs.

"You betta stop. Just cause you pregnant don't mean I won't lay this monsta' on you."

"We're not supposed be having sex while I'm pregnant anyway." He gave me a straight face.

"Girl if you'ont getcho goddamn ass on. Who told you dat bullshit?" I busted out laughing.

"That's what the doctor said babe. We wouldn't wanna hurt the baby now would we?" I pecked his 'A' tattoo on his neck and smiled.

"Lemme lone, lah head ass." I pouted and pinched his nipple.

"My head is not little big head."

"I kno' what's big." He grinned and rested his hand on his belt buckle. I shook my head.

"Your disgusting." I laughed.

_______

Aug and I had an hour and a half before we had to catch our flight to Atlanta.