Chapter 4

August

Cha came thru fa' ya boy and got me a job working at her salon. It wasn't much but anything was better than nun at all.

I never knew women gossiped so much. These females in hea talm bout sex, and gettin' they pussies waxed.

This ain't no enviornment fa' a nigga.

"You heard about Travis LaBranch?" Some girl was chattin' wit' anotha' female who was gettin' her hair done.

"The nigga wit' them beautiful eyes?" She nodded and pretended ta' faint.

"I heard he could put it down, Tasha is my cousin and all but I'd snatch her nigga up real quick."

Cha shook her head and headed back ta' da shampooing area. I got up and started ta' sweep.

"Chandra baybeh, who is this fine man you got in here workin'?" She asked.

I wanted ta' say it wasn't none of her damn bidness but Cha said I'a gotta be polite ta' da clients.

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Cha laughed and started ta' wash her client hair.

"What's your name big daddy?" Tasha cousin licked her lips at me.

"'I got a woman shawty, go on na'." She traced her index finger down my chest as a smirk crept on ha' face.

"Dat don't mean shit, I'ca give it ta' you better daddy." I rolled my eyes and gently took her hand offa me.

It's hoes like her who irritate da fuck outta me. I just said I have a girl so dat should be dat. Broads these days crack me up fareal.

"Toya leave that man alone, he's with my sister." Cha winked at me. See? She always got my back.

"Could you at least tell me your name?" Her fake eyelashes were startin' ta' come off. I carefully snatched em off her face and handed em ta' ha. She need ta' fix her damn face befo' she try ta' talk to somebody.

"It's August na' gon sum where, I got a girl." She tossed them fake lashes in her tote bag. I walked away from her and went towards da back of da salon.

"Cha I'm finna go eat, you want anything?" She nodded and continued ta' wash her client hair.

"Check my station and you'll see a pink sticky note. My lunch order is on there." I nodded and walked back ta' her station readin' it.

"Ight Cha, I'a be back."

"Take your time August." I smacked my lips and grabbed her car keys.

Once I got outside, I felt somebody pull me back and it was Tasha cousin, Toya.

"August wa-"

"Mane whatchu want Toya? I got a girl so don't een try ta' talk ta' m-"

"I don't want you August. I'm trying to help you out." I looked at her like she had fo' heads.

"Ion't need help Toya." She gave me dat nigga stop lyin' look.

"I know you don't wanna be working at a hair salon filled with women."

She's right but ion't kno' her like dat. Dis broad act like her gold diggin' ass cousin. How I kno' dis bitch ain't tryna fuck wit' me?

"Whatchu want Toya?" Dis broad really agitatin' me now.

"Look, I work at a strip club called The Penthouse. They're looking for a hot new artists to be signed to Def Jam. So far they've had no luck in finding a talented artist and I was told you can sing so you need to go down there."