(A'leah POV)

A'leah Briana Seoul

I wasn't always poor.

Unlike those greedy ass people I called family, I was willing to give up my riches for rags. That's the type of sacrifice you make when your in love.

The Seoul family name had a taste of wealth behind it and had for generations. I was born into a wealthy family and not once did I ever take advantage of that.

I had used my wealth for good use such as funding into various charities and non-profitable organizations, that kind of thing.

Helping people is something that I loved. Just seeing somebody smile because I made their day, was such a good feeling.

After graduating as one of the top ten in my class, I then furthered my education at Spelman where I majored in Psychology.

I wanted to become a child psychologist in particular because I adore kids during their adolescence.

My father believed that boys would get in the way of furthering my education. Since he was paying for my tuition, he had all say as to where his baby girl went off to college.

After all, my mother graduated from there, so she was intrigued to find out that her first born would be following in her footsteps.

I just had no choice.

Being around all girls twenty-four seven was beyond irritating. If I couldn't stand females in high school, what the hell made you think I'd stand them at an all girl college?

In high school, I was known as a "geek" or "the quiet girl". Never let this quiet girl fool you. I have a smart ass mouth, trust me.

One night, I snuck out to Ice, a brand new club that had opened up near campus. It was time to let loose and have a good time by my damn self.

I ordered a few shots and made my way to the dance floor and that's where I met him.

Our eyes made contact as he stood in the VIP section, popping bottles with some friends.

A few groupies flocked him and his boys but that didn't phase me. All of his attention was directed on me once I gave him a little show.

He seemed to love it because he ended up joining me. We were sexing on the dance-floor like no one was watching.

After our little performance I had learned that his name was August, August Alsina.

We exchanged numbers that night and ended up being on the phone for hours from sun up to sun down. It soon became a daily routine.

Before I knew it, I was sneaking out of my dorm past curfew just to see him. No matter how swamped I was with my school work, he became my stress reliever.

We never had sex, or kissed for that matter. He respected my morals and I really appreciated that. Guys nowadays won't stick around if you aren't giving it up.

Besides that, I learned that he was born and raised in New Orleans. I did alot of volunteer work down there with my family after Katrina hit.

He only recognized me because of the weight my last name carried and assumed I was bourgeois as hell.

I had to let him no that not all wealthy people are snobby and down right stuck up. I wasn't even bourgeois. I was really down to earth and sweet once you got to know me.

I also learned that he came from a huge family that was very dysfunctional as he grew up. His passion for singing is what kept him sane during those rough times he experienced growing up.