𖥻 ³⁰

滑雪面罩
Connie Springer
Chapter Thirty — Connie & Mama Springer

This will be a very small chapter since I'm
losing my motivation again. And also just
Connie & Mama Springer.

𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I'm glad Y/n wasn't that mad at me. Thought she would've picked me up and thrown me out the window but it's nice to see she was understanding.

I sighed and leaned back on the pillow, staring at the boring beige walls. It was getting lousy in here and bad enough that I couldn't find the damn remote to turn the tv on. Kind of missed being outside ... being home ... and seeing Y/n - I mean - never mind.

Groaning in annoyance I sat up, rubbing the back of my head. My eyes wandered around looking for the remote before spotting it on the floor.

" Aha .. ". Getting up I slowly bent down and grab it. I had to be careful with how I moved around since I was still dizzy and weak. I was about to get up before noticing the back piece and batteries were gone. " Fuck ... ". Hate this damn hospital.

Sighing I scanned around the room for a couple of seconds. Then my eyes darted at the batteries that were underneath the chair. Crawling over, I grabbed the batteries and placed them back in the remote. Now I just had to find that damn back piece.

I kept looking everywhere for it, not focusing on anything els -

" Connie ! ".

Huh ? I froze. Did I just hear my mother ? I swallowed hard, slowly looking up - yup I definitely did. Standing at the doorway was her, my mother. She has a shocked expression on her face as she held her hands to her chest.

" M - My baby ... ". She mumbled out. Quickly I got up and placed the remote on the dresser. " Mom ". I said with a smile, dusting my hospital gown off. Without a second thought, she ran over and hugged me tightly. I was startled ... and shocked she could run that fast.

I chuckled and hugged back. Gently laying my head on her shoulder and rubbing her back. I could feel her smiling against my chest which warmed my heart. We stayed like that for sometime before she pulled away. Wiping some tears she had forming in her eyes.

" I came here as fast as I could when the doctors told me that you were up and healthy, oh I'm so happy you're alive ! ". My mom clapped her hands in joy.

" Yeah ... I'm all better now ".

" That's good ! That's good ! ... now I can do this ! ".

" Huh ? Do wha - OW ". I was interrupted once again by her slapping me in the face. I held my face and hissed in pain. She then grabbed my collar and made me look down at her. Staring deep into my eyes as she started to tear up again.

" Listen to me Connie and listen VERY carefully ... I do not want nor ever want to see you hanging out or talking to Jean and the rest of those bums that were in that house again ... got it ?! I can not afford to lose you, Connie. You're my baby, my only child. I lost your father ... I'm not losing you too ! ".

She unhanded me and crossed her arms, " do I make myself clear, Connie Devante James Springer ? ".

I groaned at her for saying my full name but nodded. " Yes ma'am ... ".

" Good, now sit down and chat with mama ". The smile on her face appeared again. She sat down on the edge of the bed and patted a seat next to her. I smirked and sat next to her.

Laying my head down in her lap as she kissed my cheek and patted my head.