𖥻 ³²

滑雪面罩
Connie Springer
Chapter Thirty-Two — Break In ?

Later that night.
It's been about three hours now and Connie still hasn't called you. So you just said fuck it and headed off the bed. About thirty to forty-five minutes later your phone rang. You jumped out of your sleep groaning and angrily snatched your phone off the dresser.

You saw it was the hospital number so you quickly accepted the call. " Hello ? ".

" I'm back ! ".

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀.  .  .

This nigga cannot be for real ...

" Y/n ? Y/nnnnnn ... Helloooooooo ... you there ? ".

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀   ⠀.  .  .

" Y - "

" Nigga it is 1:25 in the damn morning, take yo stank ass to bed ! ". You shouted, about to hang up the phone until he stopped you. " Woah ! Now hold on ! I'm sorry I took so long but I was fuckin shit up on that toilet ... and it took me an hour to wipe my ass I'm sorry ".

" Ew ... I do not want to hear that ... look we'll talk in the morning, bye ".

" But I'm lonely ! ", he sucked his teeth. " It's quiet and scary in this hospital ... and at this time I always hear some woman screaming and somethin scratchin the walls ... pleaseeee stay on the phone ".

You facepalmed. Rubbing your eyes and sitting up in bed. " Fine ... but only for this night ". Saying so as you held the phone with your shoulder and turned on the tv.

Connie grinned on the other line. " Thanks, boo ".

" Yo what up with you callin me all these names ? You gotta crush on me all of a sudden ".

" Wha - never, I just thought that now since we're close I should give you some nicknames ... that or I've been on TikTok too much ".

" Mhmm ".

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀.  .  .

There was then a pause of silence. Neither of you talked and it was starting to get awkward. Connie then cleared his throat ... saying something that made your eye twitch.

" Why you so dry tonight ? ".

" ... it ... is ... 1:28 IN THE DAMN MORNING ".

" IM KIDDING ! ". He nervously laughed. " I'm sorry I'm sorry ".

" Whatever, just talk about something before I hang up ". You huffed, laying back on a pillow. Connie grumbled and sat down on his bed. " Well uh ... I wanna know what happened to Jean, Eren, Angelica, and the rest of them ... how bad did you hurt them ? ".

" ... Just a scratch ".

" Y/n ".

" .. Aight look, Kash shot Eren in the leg because Eren was disrespecting his mama, I beat the hell outta Angelica and put multiple holes in her face cause she was talkin shit about you and Sasha bashed in Jean's face in with a bat ".

Silence again.

You swallowed hard, thinking that you made him upset. You didn't say anything but remained on the line.

Soon you heard snickering. You raised a brow, " Connie ? ".

" Thank you Y/n ... ".

" Huh ? ".

" I appreciate you, Kash, and Sasha looking out for me ". He chuckled. You smiled at that, scrolling through the tv selections. " You're welcome Con - ".

CRASH.

" What the fuck - ". You suddenly jumped up hearing glass shatter. " What's wrong ? ". Connie said with concern.

" I don't know but - ".

You then heard it again. Flinching you quickly got up, keeping your eyes on the door. " Connie ... imma have to call you back ... I think there's someone in my house ... ".