Sign 9 The Challenge

Tristian closed the door to his house and pull his hoodie up. He grabbed his surfboard and walked down the stairway opening into the road. He walked on the narrow road, right over the coastal reef, watching the foam over the ocean waves, and the dim-lit, early morning sun. He reached the little corals and removed his hoodie, and kept it over the pink rocks. He stretched himself, doing a standing split, spreading his shoulders, opening up his body. Once his body was loose, he rolled his shoulders a few times and walked into the water. 

It felt cold and refreshing. He held his breath and dived into the ocean, rising back up after ten seconds, feeling awake. He grabbed his surfboard and lay upon it, swimming into the ocean. It was an empty beach, an empty ocean with only him and seagulls floating over him. As he saw the waves approaching, he slowly got up on his board and felt the salt air hitting his brown face. He bend his knees and went up the wave, looking at the entire Sydney harbour from the top. The pink rocks, contrasting dark roads, deep blue water, beautiful white buildings and colourful foliage. Shades of blue, shades of green,

"I wonder what he's doing,"

.

"CYRIL!" Edgar threw a bucket of water on Cyril and he woke up, "What the hell!"
"WAKE UP! WE NEED TO GO PRACTICE!"
Skyler was sleeping on his chair.
"It's five in the morning! GO SLEEP!"
Cyril's mother opened the door to his room, "Boys, get of the house. ALL THREE OF YOU!"

"Man, what the fuck," Cyril walked out of his house with his surfboard in his hands while Edgar already had his surfboard in his hands, "I just wanted to sleep more. I slept late last night,"
"This man is having sex every day while I'm all dry down there all night. Man, for real. The only pussy I got is my neighbour's cat who ruins my day every morning, making my life miserable and eating all our steak,"
"I did not shag anyone! Mate, I went home in front of you!"

Skyler walked behind them, eating vegemite from a jar.

"Why did you become a man again? We ought to get those shoes back and turn you to a shiela again, Lemme shag you, Cyril!" Edgar yelled as a newspaper guy passed by them on his bicycle.
"HE HEARD YOU!"
"Don't worry, I won't let him shag you,"
"I will karate chop your motherfucking ass. Just shut the fuck up and walk quietly,"

They had walked two steps, when Edgar threw his board aside and jumped before Cyril, "HA! You don't tell me what to do!"
Skyler and Cyril just blankly stared at him, "Your existence makes me lose faith in humanity,"

"Humans are genetically designed to be creatures of free will. We are a society of technologically advanced beings who have managed to conquer an entire planet but still don't plan to sit our ass down! What is it that we, as men, as missing?"
"You're embarrassing yourself. Stop it," Cyril said.
"You know what's embarrassing?! Your mom!" 

"You think it's funny?"
"Do you see me laughing?"
Cyril sighed.
"I only relate to Skyler, he is a loser, just like me,"
"Why are you attacking me? I was eating peacefully," Skyler said.

"DON'T TALK TO ME! I'M CRYING!" Edgar ran away to the beach while Cyril and Skyler just stared at him, "How does he have that much energy in the morning?" Cyril asked.
"He forgot to take his ADHD meds again,"
"That explains a lot,"

Once they reached the beach, Cyril stretched his arms. Tristian and Arthur stood on the rocks at the other side of the beach and stared at them, "Tch! Edwards and his gang of trolls are here,"
Tristian looked at Arthur. Arthur stood in his surfing gear, pulling his wet, blonde hair back and icy green eyes, chewing on a gum. Arthur was exceptionally good looking, with a handsome face and a muscular body. But above that, he was also a talented surfer.

"You know them, don't you? You guys went to the same high school," Tristian asked.
"Only Edgar and Cyril. That dude Edgar is a fucking creep and an annoying piece of shit though. But he always got away from being kicked out of school because he's a fucking retard,"
"He has some mental disability?" Tristian asked.
"ADHD. I don't know why Cyril started talking to him. Only made his reputation sink, hanging out with a fucking dimwit,"

Tristian smiled, "I don't think he cares about petty things like reputation"
Arthur looked at him, "How do you know? Are you friends? Or should I ask, were you friends?"
"Of course not. What about that Asian guy though?"

Skyler sat beside the ocean waves, "I wonder how it feels to drown..."

"I don't know about him,"

Heart texted Glizzly while doing her morning makeup, "We are so much closer after last night," 
"Oh my god, girl. Give me the details," Glizzly typed.
"Okay, so we sat by the beachside and drank some booze while we talked. She told me things about herself, her past, her situation at home, her abusive father. She has had it pretty rough, but she still seems so cheerful all the time, unlike me, always being sad over nothing. 

But, I know what it feels like...To not get your father's love. I know what it is to never feel good enough, and I don't want anyone to feel that way, ever. I want to be there for her and give her the love she deserves. Because when I'm with her, I feel different, in a good way. And I want her to feel that way too, a good feeling, away from all our troubles."

"You wrote an entire paragraph lol"
"Oh shit, I did. *Blush*"
"It's okay xD I hope you guys get together,"
"Me too. Hey, you wanna meet up?"

Glizzy looked into his phone, 
"Be right back!"

.

"You three will be leading our university in the upcoming Winter Cup which means, early morning practice. I want you to report on the beach at five in the morning!" George stood before Arthur, Tristian and Cyril, "Yes sir!" They yelled.
"All you other blokes, practice! Quick! Ten laps of the beach!"
"Yes sir!" They yelled and went off jogging. 

Edgar ran towards Cyril, "Don't worry, mate, I'll wake you up,"
"PLEASE DON'T!"

"Start with fifty pushups, fast!" George yelled and all three of them lined up. Arthur was between Tristian and Cyril. He looked aside at Cyril, "I didn't think you would make it, mate,"
Cyril looked at Arthur, wondering why he was acting so familiar all of a sudden, "Yeah, me neither,"
"What happened to you?"
Cyril looked at Tristian, "Just..wasn't feeling too good,"

"I knew it. Something seemed off because I have seen you surf as well as me,"
Cyril grinned, "Well as you? Have you seen yourself? You look like a dying goldfish in chaos on those waves, you muppet,"
Tristian snickered but quickly covered it with a cough and continued with his pushups. Arthur smirked, "You really got your arse up in clouds,"
"Higher than yours, that's for sure,"

"Oh yeah, you think you're so good?" Arthur got up, "Level me one on one,"
Cyril finished his pushups and got up, "I wouldn't do this to myself if I were you but I guess you fancy some public gander,"
"Don't you too?" Arthur asked.

Cyril smiled, 

"I'm not that desperate for attention,"

-To be continued

Arthur 
Undercover Blue Riot