Sign 2 Edgar Is Missing

The walking increased in pace as the sun shone on his face. He ran in rage, he ran towards the sun itself which seemed to be moving away from him as he run. Sweat flowed down his hot head, but the sun wasn't the only one making his head hot.

It was anger.

Cyril ran towards Edgar's house and pressed the doorbell. An old, giant woman with blonde hair and big, brown eyes opened the door and looked down at Cyril with a piece of bread and vegemite in her hand, "Oh, Cyril darling! Lookin' for Edgar?"
"Yes, Mrs White. Do you where he is?"
"He went to Skyler's place last night. I thought he'd come back for dinner but I guess he decided to sleep over,"

"Alright, thanks!" He jumped past the fence and ran towards Skyler's house, which was a few blocks away from his own. He saw the garage door was closed, so he entered the house from the front door and pressed the doorbell and Mrs Moris opened the door. She was an old, Thai woman who looked as if she was in her twenties, "Oh, Cyril, so early in the evening?"

"Good morning, Mrs Moris,"
"Good morning," She smiled "Looking handsome as always. Skyler is probably sleeping though,"
"What about Edgar?"
"Edgar? Why--I didn't see him,"

"What? That's absurd, he's not at his place either. He must be here," Cyril walked in and climbed the stairs. He knocked at Skyler's door and after a minute full of knocking, Skyler opened the door, undressed and sleepy, "Cyril?" He looked at the clock, it was seven in the morning, "What are you doing here this early mate?"

"Is Edgar here?"
"Oh, so you came here for Edgar,"
"I have to talk to him about...something,"
"Well, tell me," Skyler crossed his arms, "I'll give you an ear,"
"Thanks. Where's Edgar though?"

Skyler looked into Cyril's green eyes, "Why would I know?"
"What? Where else would he be? He didn't come home last night," Cyril looked down while.
"I don't know, he didn't come here either," Skyler looked at his hair, 'Would you worry so much if I were gone?'
"We should check the beach," Skyler said and Cyril looked up at him, "That idiot is usually there, practising in the morning,"

"Yes, I should go check there," Cyril ran down the stairs, the wooden floor vibrated as he ran and Edgar looked up at it. His eyes were faintly open, the room was dark and he felt numb. His mouth was tightly covered with a white scarf and the rest of his body was tied up with ropes. He closed his eyes back, his throbbing head wouldn't let him think or stay awake for long, putting him back to sleep soon.

"Sky, I'm going to work now!" Mrs Moris yelled from downstairs as Skyler lay under his blankets, "Eat your breakfast and don't forget your milk! Bye!" He heard the door close and at once, everything was quiet. He felt the sunlight falling over his blanket, his face facing the sun, burning under the afternoon sunlight until he got up and looked at the open door. He walked downstairs and reached the kitchen. He sat down at the table and had his breakfast, he was about to gulp down his pills with the milk, when he looked at the glass of milk.

. . .

Edgar opened his eyes he heard the door open. Skyler walked down with a glass of milk in his hand and a few pink cookies in his other hands. He kept them on the floor with the glass of milk and moved away from him. He looked at Edgar for a while, "I don't want to do this to you, but if I let you go now, I'm fucked,"
Edgar shook his head but Skyler just smiled, "Though, I can't keep you here forever,"

Suddenly, he heard his doorbell ring and walked upstairs. He closed the basement door and opened the main door. Cyril rushed in, "He's nowhere! I searched the entire neighbourhood, he didn't even go to the pub last night," He scrunched his hair, "We need to go to the police,"
"I thought you'd be gone by now,"
"Yes, but I wanted to make sure I checked everywhere. His mom is on her way, do you want to come too?"

"Of course,"

. . .

Meanwhile, Edgar got on his knees but fell forward on his stomach. The bandages on his head seemed to grow tighter every second, he groaned in pain. Through his shoulders, he crawled forward and reached the glass of milk, clenching the corners between his teeth through the scarf. He tilted the glass sideways and ended up tripping it on the floor, spilling the milk. He looked at the milk, flowing down the floor, into the nearby drain. 

"That man was gross," Skyler said as he walked beside Cyril, "He stinks of sweat,"
Cyril continued walking, "I... Where do you think he could be?"
"Hey, stop thinking about it. It's the police's job now. Tell me, first, what did you want to tell him? I'll listen,"
"It's not important. My best friend is missing. And I have to find him,"

Cyril got into his car and pulled his window down, "Do you need a lift?"
"Duh, I can't walk all the way back home,"
Cyril opened the door and Skyler sat beside him. It was quiet as he drove, "So, how's Heart?" He asked.
"Fuck her,"

"Did you guys fight?"
"No, but I found out something which annoyed the fuck out of me,"
"What?"
"It's a long story so let it be,"

Skyler looked outside the window, "It's good, by the way," Skyler smiled.
"Nothing is good, Skyler,"
"No, I mean...You're finally a girl,"
"And?"
"Look at it, now no one would judge you if you fuck a guy, now. Plus, female orgasms are better than male ones. Just give it a try, enjoy while you still can. I can hook you up,"

Cyril laughed, "Yeah, you can definitely hook me up. You do realise you're still a virgin yourself, right? Hook yourself up first," He stopped the car in front of Cyril's house, "Have a good night,"
Cyril drove off while Skyler stood on the pavement, staring blankly. Cyril's bright green eyes reminded him of hell. Were they even friends? Or was Edgar the only glue holding them together? Because Cyril Edwards, he never looked so cold before.

Skyler walked inside his house and closed the door. His mother sat at the kitchen table, calculating their monthly expenditure. He opened the basement's door and walked downstairs. Edgar lay flat on the floor, his scarf soaked up in sour milk. He picked up the glass and looked at the mushy biscuits.

Cyril Edwards. He was always a tough nut to crack, he thought as he took a bite of the soft biscuits. Ever since he knew Cyril, he seemed so uninterested in everyone. And that attracted him. Surely, he liked being special to people who looked unapproachable and cold. But, there was something about him, that attracted everyone around him towards him. As if he possessed a magnetic field around him. Everyone wanted to know him more, but his cold smiles stabbed their icy hearts. 

And now that same smile was coming for him. 

He got a text, "I can't do that to Cyril after all :/ She's a bitch and I don't think we will work out. Her face is the only good thing about her and I am not so shallow to just with looks," Tristian looked at his screen, Arthur sat beside him, "Tell him I can help, if he wants," He said.

"By the way, I have a friend who dives. I can fix you with him this Sunday," Tristian typed.
Skyler's eyes widened, "Can I invite Cyril too?"

-To be continued

Undercover Blue Riot