Sign 7 Restarting That Same Business

"The sudden cyclone is seen around the South Coast, mysteriously appeared out of nowhere last night and continued till the morning. All the people around the coast took adequate safety measures however and evacuated on time. And surprisingly, there has been no damage to property or human life, however the mysterious orgins of the cyclone has left scientists' all over the world, completely speechless,"
Mrs Edwards spread some vegemite on the bread while the news played on the TV. Cyril came running down. He was wearing those baggy clothes again and a beanie, "Hey mom,"

He grabbed some apples from the table, "Cyril! Are you gonna skip breakfast again? Sit down and eat a bit! You dare not leave before eating" She got up and left for the kitchen to fetch him some coffee. He stuffed the bread into his mouth, 

"If you look at these images captured by the weather satellites last, you will see that this cyclone was fundamentally different from most cyclones," Cyril looked at the TV, "You see this sudden cloud forming out of nowhere into the ocean, bringing immense damage to oceanic life, since most parts of it remained submerged, which is very absurd since cyclones don't usually do that, rightfully earning its name, "Riot", a mysterious oceanic phenomenon,"

"Here," His mom placed the coffee mug before him, "Drink this before you leave,"
But Cyril was still looking into the television. His mother touched his face, "You're still dressing up as a girl? Still working in that cafe?"
"Erm-Yeah! Edgar said he'll need me for much longer! I'll get going now, bye!" He ran out.
"Wait, at least drink the coffee I made you!"

He got on his bicycle and paddled down the road, crushing the twigs on the road, passing by sweepers at work. The morning air felt chilly, but he was thinking about things. Things quite above the trivialities of life. There are some moments in your life that you never forget. Cyril had experienced one of them that night. Since then, he couldn't stop looking at his tattoo that night into the mirror of his window. When did he get it? His mom told him his dad had got that made on him when he was still a child. But, that reminded him of something. Glizzly got a tattoo of his name on his neck, didn't he? 

He remembered. It was summer, Glizzly was with him.

Sinatra

But this beautiful fairyland seem to fall the moment they walked those shadows. It was an old garage filled with graffiti. It's very dark, they see some black men with vibrant tattoos and young white boys with piercings all over their face and rings in their fingers. Glizzly walks to one of the black guys, his hoodie pockets are swollen. They stand inches apart and he passes him a roll of money from his hoodie. The black guy walks into another room with Glizzly. So much for a simple tattoo?

A white guy walked to Cyril, "You want a tattoo too?" He asked.
"No, I already have one on my back,"
He picked up Cyril's shirt from behind, "Damn, dude, you're ripped. That beast looks dope, is it a fish?"
Cyril pulled his shirt down, "It's a whale,"

"Cool! You a surfer?"
"Yes,"
"Glizzly got himself a cool bait, that's for sure?"
"Bait?" Cyril looked at him. He looked very pale, with dark eyes and extremely dark, contrasting hair, just like Glizzly. They were quite contrary to Cyril's sunkissed face, light hair, bright eyes and a toned body. 

"You deal too?" He asked.
"What do you mean?" 
"You know what I mean, don't act dumb," 
Cyril looked at his eyes, they were bloodshot and dilated. He took out a strip from his jeans, it looked like hand soap but that wasn't what it was, "You wanna 've a go at it?"
"Huh?"

"Cypher," Glizzy stood behind him and grabbed Cyril's arm, "Don't drag him into this,"
"Hey, I was just messing around,"
"Come," He squeezed Cyril's arm tighter and took him out of that garage, "What was he talking about?"
"Nothing important,"

Cyril's feet slowed down, he wasn't paddling anymore, but the bicycle continued to get rolling down, "Why did you lie to me Glizzly?" He mumbled, "Why not tell me that...

You deal drugs?"

Glizzly blew out smoke from his mouth and walked into a store. He grabbed a can of beer and a packet of cigarettes, searched his pockets for some change coins and a torn dollar bill, "Well, as you see, I'm runnin' a bit dry right now," He looked at the cashier.
"Well," He shrugged, "Too bad, mate. We don't do charity,"
"You don't have to," He grabbed the beer can and ran out of the shop, "STOP!"

He ran across the street with the cashier chasing him. The traffic was fast, the lights were dim. His head was spinning from the absence of resistance, they seemed to be going in circles. His body was too weak from substance abuse, but he was like a severe rat, he disappeared gaming the alleys. The cashier stomped his feet, "FUCKING NIGGER!"

Glizzly sat in the dark, among the stinking lanes and moist walls, drinking his beer. But only after a few sips, he puked everything out. Along with a few strains of blood. He fell on his knees, grabbing his chest, "Ugh! I am horrible,"
He dragged his feet back home in the dark. His mother stood outside the door, waiting for him. He reached home and waved at her, "Mom!"

She ran towards him and instantly smelled the alcohol on him, "Have you been drinking?"
"It's not drinking if you don't get drunk,"
She slapped him, "Why? Why don't you stop even now! The doctor told you so many times to leave it, leave it, leave it, just fucking leave alcohol, cigarettes and those wretched drugs!"

He looked down at the tears in her eyes, "You promised me you won't leave," She said.
"And you promised me you won't cry even if I do," Glizzly smiled and kissed her, "Mom, don't worry,"

"How can I not worry?! You don't seem to care if you live or die! I will fall apart if you leave me like your dad! Please," She grabbed his jacket, calming her nerves, "Don't do this to yourself, you can't go yet...Not you too..." He patted her head. He looked at her blonde hair, it used to be so bright once. Now, everything is filtering into an unappetising shade of blue. It reminded him of his eyes, that blue hue. It was on moments like those, he remembered the first love of his life. The alcohol is getting him now, taking its toll, heading for his heart, his face turns red, memories are blurry, so are voices, sweet teenage voices, red sneakers, heterochromatic eyes, and a human heart that shattered again and again, yet it lived,

Love.
Love is such a small word,
For such a big feeling.

Cypher stood among the shadows, watching the little family moment. He texted, "Prophet," He smirked, "I found him,"
"Get him here,"

-To be continued

Undercover Blue Riot