Sign 6 Two Favorites Together

Heart was dressing up that evening. She pressed her mascara brush on her eyelashes and made her eyebrows bolder. She outlined her lips and slapped some powder on her face. She hummed a song as she decorated herself into an Australian fashionista with a long, lacy skirt and a black off-shoulder top. She wore a pair of black heels and make a side part. She kept her brush aside and looked into the mirror.

She picked up her purse and walked down the stairs.
"Oh, you're going on a date?" Her mom asked.
"Oh, how I wish I were! But no. Bye mom," She walked out of the house and took a train to the café. She walked down the pavement, into the café and the little chime over the door rung its bells.

"Welcome," A waitress approached her. She looked around, he wasn't there. The waitress showed her to the table. She sat at the table, under the soft sunlight, over the colourful stone road. She looked at the ocean far away and the bridge.

"So, she has heterochromia," She narrowed her eyes as she looked at the green algae growing on the rocks beside the ocean, "What a beautiful disease"

She heard the voices of waves and people whispering among each other. She smiled and shook her head, 'I'm so weird,' Suddenly, she felt the sunlight block and she looked up. She was there. Her face looked dark as she stood before the sun but her eyes were shining blue. Heart blushed as she looked at her.

Cyril stared at her and blushed. He recognised her. It was the same girl he met at the festival! He was there for someone else, but he wanted to talk to her.

"Hello," He said. He sounded softer than he did back then at the academy when he returned her the shoes.
"Hey," She smiled, "Why don't you take a seat?"
"Oh, sure. But, I'm here for someone else,"

"Erm, what? I thought you came to meet me?"
"I don't even know you," He laughed nervously.
"...It's me, Heart, the girl whose shoes you returned at the academy?"
"Wait—It's you? You look nothing like her,"

'Oh, it must be my makeup,' She thought.
"Well, yeah, but, erm, she was my cousin, you know. That was not me," She lied.
"I see," He sat down on the seat, "So, you are the real owner of those shoes?"
"Yes, it's me," She smiled nervously.
"Maybe, that's why the curse didn't life. Goddammit!" He laughed. They ordered some coffee.

"She was ugly, right?" Heart asked.
"We are no one to judge that," Cyril said.
"I am though," She curled her hair and snickered. He took a sip of his coffee with a red face, "You don't look that special though,"

'She hates me already!' Heart thought.
"But you look stunning," Heart said.
"Not really," Cyril blushed harder. He cleared his throat, knowing it wasn't manly enough of him to be like that, "So," He got serious, "What's the deal with those shoes?"

"What do you mean?" She asked.
"Are you some witch? Or are those shoes magical?"
"They are my mom's old shoes,"
"Your mom is a ballet dancer too?"
"She was,"
"She doesn't dance anymore?"

"She...is no more," She smiled, "I live with my dad and my stepmother,"
"Oh, I'm sorry,"
They sat quietly, "So, how did she pass away?"
"She died in a car accident. Those shoes are everything she left me with."

"Then, they must be very important to you,"
"Yes, they are,"
"So, why would you give them to a complete stranger?"

She looked at him and smiled, "I don't know. You don't feel like a stranger. You feel like family,"
"You trust me so easily?" Cyril asked.
She tilted her head, "I mean...I don't think I'm doing anything wrong,"
He blushed and looked away, "I guess,"

"You are right. Maybe those shoes do have magic in them after all,"
He looked at her, "Really?"
"Mom once told me that dancing..." She looked at the setting sun and her hair glowed orange, "Is the closest thing to magic,"