Sign 7 Him And Him Are Different

Skyler sat in his study, writing inside a diary journal. His fingers rushed through the pages as if he didn't think about what to write next, he just went with his nerves,  'So far, this is the only species of algae that enzymes strong enough to break down metals, plastic and aerosols. With five hundred experiments conducted by me near Wyona's creek, this specimen has broken down all of the materials mentioned in the following list. The material this alga decomposes the slowest is stone. It takes 431 days to completely decompose stone, so when stored, care must be taken that this alga is stored within stone containers, filled with water and that these containers are changed every year. This alga could be used to decompose factory waste, oils, chemicals like fertilisers, pesticides, detergents and sewage. Everything that is ultimately dumped into the ocean can be turned into compost within a matter of days. That obliterates the need to switch to alternatives and shifts humanity's focus on progress unhampered by the need to retain sustainability. 

I call it, 'Oceana vita,'

He closed his journal and looked at the stone pot beside him. He held the pot and ran down the stairs, he kept it in the sink in the kitchen and opened its lid. The blue algae shone inside the stone bed. Skyler pressed a vinyl record on his player and began playing some music as he cooked himself a beef sandwich. He grabbed some beef from the fridge, tore the packet open and dipped a beef strip inside the algae. The moment the beef touched the algae, it began decomposing. Twisting, turning, as if the dead beef was in pain. As if death was in pain.

Skyler looked at it, and remembered his mother, screaming from the basement, running to the door as the algae covered her body, but right before she could touch the handle, everything came running down. All her organs, her intestines, her blood and flesh, just left her skeleton, and her bones went rolling down the stairs and smashing themselves over a pile of algae, melting into it, and turning to foam.

He chewed his sandwich as he remembered collecting her remains with plastic gloves, the plastic too decomposed within thirty minutes, and with a plastic bucket full of her remains, he drained her into the ocean, just like Edgar. And as he chewed his sandwich, he looked at the paintings on the wall that his mother had painted. He looked at pictures of the sea, with him and his mother, and a baby whale near the horizon where the sun kissed the ocean. 

And it reminded him of Cyril. Whales always reminded him of Cyril, grand, blue, elegant and mysterious, singing their songs, and just being in love with the ocean. He loved the ocean. He loved its whales. And they were killing them. Killing the whales. Killing the ocean he loved. He wanted to protect them. He chewed slower, and his eyes began fluttering, his hands felt calm to that song behind him, the rolling vinyl record, the sound of the ocean miles away, the ship harbour, Sydney. He fell asleep and dreamt of a childhood dream, transporting himself to that picture on the wall. 

The baby whale. 

And her mother; so big, so strong, yet so far from war. It had nothing to prove, no waters to win, no whales to kill, for its strength was made for compassion and it existed as a graceful being. It was at peace with itself. And that...that is loving yourself...To be everything, not because you engulf everything inside you, but because you let it come to you. 

Love is, perhaps, the greatest joy.
For you, from you.

Cypher grabbed a young boy by his golden hair and pulled him closer to him, "Where is the money?" His blue eyes peeked inside the darkness of Cypher's baggy eyes, "I swear, Cypher, I'd give it to you if I had it," But Cypher punched his face and threw him on the filthy road, the stinking streets, with sewage water running down the tiny water lanes, Glizzy stood leaning on a broken wall, smoking his blue cigarettes. He heard Cypher swearing as he kicked the poor boy into the sewage. He whispered and begged for a second chance, and Cypher would let him have that, as he pulled his zipper down, "Suck it, then,"