Sign 4 Lost And Found

Cyril lay on his bed and looked at the ceiling. There was still some residue of the makeup on his neck. He wore a loose white shirt and blue socks. The cold summer breeze swayed the curtains, the room lit bright orange. He could hear the ocean from far away, the waves splashing on the wet rocks, the sound of crushing sand as he remembered walking on it for the first time, the flapping of seagull feathers. It was a feeling he had never felt before. Everything he took as daily life seemed so enchanting.

The paintings of his childhood had a yellow sun at the centre, but finally, he realized that the sun, it's not yellow. It's pink, like the mellow scenery at a beachside barbeque. His heart felt just as fiery as a barbeque that night. He couldn't sleep.

He got on his bike as the entire city lit up orange and the sky got entangled in shades of pink and orange. The morning sky was glowing on the ocean beside him as he paddled his way up towards the Blue Mountains.

As the dawn fell in, he hiked the mountain and sat beside a huge cliff, staring at the huge blue moon. He lay on the grass and gazed at the stars. It was away from the town, in utter silence, just him, the stars all around and the cold morning breeze. He stared at the sky and witnessed the stars fade, as they turned from spots of light to a dim hue and then the sunrise. The sun was pink, and so was the first love of his life.

He remembered her and suddenly felt conscious of himself because she was what he desired most, with every fibre of his being.

He remembered he had a lecture first thing in the morning and decided to paddle back home.

That morning, Heart lay on her bed and stared at the ceiling.
"Heart! Get up, dear."
"I'm awake," She said and slowly got up from her bed. She looked into the mirror, "I haven't looked this ugly in a while," She washed her face and went downstairs. Her mom had prepared her some coffee and toast. The moment she smelt the coffee, she remembered green eyes and smiled, "I haven't met someone that pretty in a while,"

She hadn't checked her phone that morning and she didn't care. She applied her makeup slowly as if it were therapy for the lovesick. She smoothly rubbed the pink lipstick on her soft lips and threw some glitter at her imperfectly brown blonde ponytail. She wore a pink mini shirt and a black tank top. She wore a pair of sunglasses and packed her bag. She could smell the scent of the blue lilies growing in her yard.

She stepped out of the door and looked at the big, blue sky. It had been a while since she looked at the sky, because usually, her head was down, her eyes skinning her phone. Everything looked surreal. Everything looked green. She couldn't get those green eyes out of her mind. She got on the train and got down at an unusual destination. She looked at her feet as she walked and removed her sunglasses.

As she moved through the streets, she could see the place where they met. That old coffee shop. The waiters were busy working.
"AYE! GET THE COFFEE MUG!"
"Two cappuccinos for table two,"
"One sandwich for table five"
Everyone looked busy. She quietly sat at a table, trying to get a peep inside the pantry of the café. She must be there, right? Did she only brew the coffee or were all the dishes they served made by her hands.

"Welcome, ma'am. What would you like to order?" A waitress reached her.
"Erm, just an Americano,"
"Sure, would you like to order something to eat?"
"No. Yes. Okay no, just coffee,"
"Alright,"

She hung her white bag on the back of her chair and kept her blue bag on her lap. She took out her phone and looked into it,
"Good morning <3 How was Pride for you?" Glizzly typed.
She smiled, "Wonderful. I met the girl of my dreams xD"
"OMG! Congratulations! Does she know of it?"
"She doesn't even know that I exist,"
"Oh, you haven't talked yet?"