Sign 10 Bad People Of The Past

Skyler sat in his room, with a few test tubes filled with water and marine foliage. He picked up a notepad and looked inside it, "There must be some factor that I'm missing,"

"So, how did it go?" Tristian asked in the shower while Arthur shampooed his hair, "I fucking lost,"
"What else did you expect?" Tristian asked as he turned the showerhead on and washed off the sand on his feet, "He's the ace of our team,"
"I don't understand it," Arthur came out of the showering cubicle, "How is he so...good?"

"How are you so good?" Heart asked as they walked back home from the ballet practice.
"Good?"
"At surfing. I just couldn't take my eyes off of you,"
"Well," He giggled as he looked down and clasped his hands together behind him, "I just become one with the water. Don't try a ride a wave, just become a part of it,"

"I think only you can do that. My dad always used to say, "Practice and you'll get there,"
"I mean, that's a factor too, yeah," They laughed. She looked at his face, looking up close, he had scars on his face, very light ones, but they were visible. "I should go home now,"
"Sure," They smiled and waved goodbye, going in opposite directions. 

He walked on that empty footpath,
"Cyril," He heard his name and turned back, "Skyler?"

They both sat in his room, Skyler on the bed and Cyril on his chair.
"What's the John Dory?" Cyril asked.
Skyler looked into Cyril's eyes, "You're still wearing your lenses?"
"No," Cyril touched his eyes, "I don't know, my eyes just changed colours. But I'm happy they did. This looks much better than having two completely different coloured eyes,"

"You know it's not normal for eyes to change colours," Skyler said.
"Nothing normal is happening in my life these days; ever since that incident with those ballet shoes happen,"
Skyler looked down, "You don't get it, do you?"

"What do you mean?"
"You said you changed because of those shoes, but nothing happened when Edgar tried them on,"
"...You are right,"
"Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't shoes that triggered the transformation,"

"You mean, it was something else?" Cyril asked.
"Most probably. Try remembering more details about it," Skyler got up and moved closer to Cyril's face, "I am extremely interested in it,"
Cyril looked into Skyler's black eyes, "That's rare,"
"It's fun. I love the mysterious angle of it, it keeps me awake,"

"Haha, then I guess it's worth it," Cyril got up, "Wanna have dinner with me and mom?"
"If it doesn't bother you guys. I eat a lot,"
"Cool, my mom likes cooking,"

As Cyril lay on his bed that evening, he texted Heart, "Where were you? I texted you an hour back," She typed.
"A friend of mine came over,"
"Who? Do I know them?" 
"Skyler,"

"Oh, nice," She texted, "Does he come over often?"
"Yeah, he does. He has dinner with us quite sometimes, we are neighbours,"
"Does he surf too?"
"Skyler? Nah, he can't. He's medically unfit,"

Skyler walked down the edgy rocks and slowly climbed down the dunes. He reached the backshore, surrounded by rocks taller than himself. It was where Cyril and he used to collect oysters and shells until his father forced him to stop. But pearls was not what Skyler was looking for his entire childhood. He removed his T-shirt and shorts and jumped into the ocean.

"He has narcolepsy, which makes him fall asleep very often and usually without a warning. Though he loves surfboard and he wants to try it too, he just can't go into the ocean,"

Skyler swam through the water, "Why?" Heart asked.
"There's this feeling of mind-numbing exhaustion, the constant fear of getting weak, the paralysis, and the hallucinations, they never end when you have that condition,"

Skyler plucked out kelp and moss from a stone. As he floated in the sea, a sense of peace and consistency was reached, a sudden wave of exhaustion crashed into him, 
"Oh no, I'm falling asleep," He quickly swam up but his eyes were closing. The fear of death in sleep was making his body paralysed, and in that state, he entered a hallucination.

"So, he just sits on the beach and watches you and Edgar surf?" Heart asked.
"Pretty much,"
"It must be so hard for him,"

Tactile hallucinations.
Feeling something that actually isn't there. Things rose from the darkness of the ocean and voices covered his ears. Something was alive down there, maybe a fish? A large one it must be, he didn't want to know. When the hallucinations disappeared, he opened his eyes. He was on the shore, the waves were gently pushing him about. It was morning. He walked up and walked back home. 

He opened the door and walked in. His mom was still in her nightgown, cooking an egg when she looked at him and cried, "Where have you been?!"
"Sorry, I fell asleep on the beach," He took out a box of milk from the fridge and drank from it.
"For four days?"
He stopped drinking, "It has been...Four days?"

.

"Man, I thought you got kidnapped," Edgar and Cyril walked beside Skyler, "Where were you?"
"I don't know," Skyler looked at them, "I went to the beach," He looked at Cyril, "At our old shell hunting spot, then I jumped into the water to collect some kelp...And then, I started falling asleep, I had my hallucinations as usual, and then...I don't remember. I woke up and I was on the shore,"

"Maybe, some mermaid got you,"
"Stop talking crap, Edgar,"
"Oh yeah? We have a bloke who can grow tits, mate. I ain't talking crap, this whole situation is crap,"
"We have to go to that reef again. Let's go, let's go there now!" Skyler and suddenly felt sleep taking over him. He fell into Edgar's arms, "Wow, easy there,"

Edgar and Cyril looked at each other, "You gonna go to the reef?"
"I don't know...I'll go there. You take Skyler to the university, I'll be there in a bit,"
"Sure, see ya," Edgar walked away with Skyler on his back while Cyril walked down the rift to the reef and reached the ground. That's where he found someone, looking at the sea. He recognised that back, those moles, that pale skin, brown hair. He moved back, pushing a pebble, making a noise, "It's...It's you,"

'This place always brings bad memories,'

-To be continued 

Heart Willington
Undercover Blue Riot