Sign 8 The Slow Dead

Movement. And the vibrations. When two magnanimous, aquatic bodies resume battles under the ocean, the earth begins to resemble the Jurassic battlefield. As the green squids tied themselves around the comparatively tiny whale, the water vibrated. Cyril ran towards his whale to free him from their poisonous tentacles, there was blood in the water. Cyril was so small before those giant squids that he measured even smaller than their eyes.

He reached the whale and touched him near his eyes, "I am here,"

Meanwhile, the world above was in a wreck. The waterlogged the streets and entered the houses, gutters overflowed and dams broke open. All the garbage that was once dumped into the ocean, landed back on the streets, inside the homes and buildings. People were forced to leave everything behind and run further away from the sea in order to save their lives. Those who refused to leave were killed by the waves. Dead bodies, sewage and dead animals flooded the cities.

The whale bit one of the squids and took it down further into the ocean depths, with freezing temperatures, crashing it on the ice. But the squid grabbed the fins of the whale between its tentacles and scrunched them, while the other one covered itself over its mouth. The whale struggled to free itself, and in that effort, it smashed itself into the wall, forcing the squid to pull away from its face.

Tristian and Arthur floated up, much away from Cyril and Cyra, "Why don't we help Cyril?" Arthur looked at Tristian, who was still lost in what he could never have. Arthur shrugged, "Listen,"
"Huh?" Tristian looked at him, "What?"
"Tristian, you're losing your self"
"No, I'm not. I simply feel terrible. I need some space," Tristian swam away, "Wait, where are you going?" But Tristian swam away into the darkness. Arthur signed and looked at Cyril, Cyra, the whale fighting off the two squids. He joined his hand over his chest and closed his eyes.

The squids next attacked the whale's eyes and severely scraped them off of its skeleton, covered in the blood and tears in its eyes, the large animal finally gave up and fell on the rock with a loud wail, "No!" Cyril swam towards him. It fluttered for a few seconds, like a fish outside water, trying to rise up, but it finally gave up and settled down in the darkness, in the emptying Atlantis, frozen to death, and an Earth, submerged underwater.

Cyril gathered himself, his arms felt too small to hold him, and he felt inadequate and unheroic. Tears flowed down his eyes as he looked at the whale's bloodshot eyes, drowning in its own blood, it was slowly losing its blue light, and everything was turning black down there which felt like the depths of cold hell. Cyril's body slowly began growing transparent, "I finally lost,"

His hair slowly began falling down his hair like feathers and his skin began shrinking to his skeleton, and he closed his eyes to ease the process, and swallow the truth of him not being the saviour he wished to be. Suddenly, he felt a red light fall on his scalp and he looked up. It looked like the sun, and as it came closer to him, it resembled a red anglerfish, "Arthur?" Soon, he saw another anglerfish, and another and another, there were about ten of those around him. A few metres above, Cyra and her squids were surrounded by hundreds of them. Tristian, who sat on a trench, looked at the red anglerfish floating on top of his shoulder, "Arthur,"

Arthur still had his eyes closed, his hands pressed together, and each of his gold hair strands, slowly turned red, transforming into a glowing, red anglerfish, and moving away from his body.
"You're growing bald, mate," He heard and turned back, "Tristian!"

Cyril pressed his head on the whale, "Allow me to have you in my veins again, so that, my love, I could die with you lingering in my heart," But the whale did not move. Cyril continued pressing his body against the whale's head, "I feel sad for you..." He murmured, "To consciously be within me, for I am not worth annihilating your freedom. I am not worthy of your services, and I have neglected you. Forgive me. I'm a sad creature who cannot love. Life could have been so much more if only I would allow myself to love. And thus, I am enraged...Enraged I could have saved us, enraged at myself to dismiss rebellion, enraged at how you and I are freezing into oblivion even when you possess good, even if I don't..."