Sign 9 Almost Killed Him

"Hey Glizzly," Heart typed on her phone as she lay on the bed.
"Hey Heart :) Sup?"
"Can I call you? <3"
"Of course. I'm free,"
She pressed the call button and lay on her bed. The phone rings were going and after a few seconds, Glizzly picked it up.

"You took your time,"
"Ah—Yeah, I was..." His voice was much deeper than she expected, "I was just preparing myself,"

She laughed, "Preparing yourself?"
"I was shy. I've never talked to a girl before,"
"You're such a loser,"
"Oh shut up,"
They laughed.

"What are you thinking right now?" She asked.
"Nothing...I was just wondering how you're so happy today,"
"The girl I like...I flirted with her the other day and she didn't seem to mind it."
"Oh—OH damn, you might have a chance with her in that case,"

"I'm thinking of confessing"
"Sure, go for it," She could tell that he was smiling.
"Hey,"
There was a pause.
"Yeah?"

She smiled, "Do you love someone?"
"Oh, I thought you're about to ask something serious like love advice," He giggled, "Nah, I don't love anyone,"
"Have you ever loved anyone?"
"Erm...My mom?"

She laughed, "Oh God, how old are you again?"
"Oh, I'm twenty-four,"
"So, Mr Glizzly, how is it possible that you've never loved like literally anyone?"

"....I did love someone when I was twenty. But then, they just ghosted me after that so...I...just...I just think it was one-sided,"
"Oh..." She remembered herself and suddenly all the guilt took over her, "Well fuck that bitch, she wasn't worth you. Why don't you find someone else now? You're still so young,"

"Well, it's because I don't go out much," He laughed, "And I'm very shy, I don't talk to people a lot and erm...I don't think many people like me, I'm kinda a burden on my parents too,"

"Oh no, why do you think that?"
"Because I still can't figure my life out. I want to get out of here but I don't know where to go."
"You can come to me. We can be real-life friends too,"

"Yeah, but Finland is kinda far, you know," He laughed. It was a nervous laugher. He seemed scared to laugh. She wanted to tell him the truth but she didn't know how to. They stayed quiet for a while.

"HEART! YOU DIDN'T DO THE LAUNDRY?!"
"Oh mom, I'll do later,"
"YOU'VE BEEN SAYING THIS SINCE YESTERDAY!"
"MOM, I'M ON A CALL RIGHT NOW, LET'S TALK LATER, JESUS CHRIST!"

Heart laughed, "That's just my mom being annoying,"
"She sounds Australian,"
"Erm...Yeah, I guess. I hate my mom,"
"Why?"
"She's not my real mom. My birth mother died when I was little and she's just a gold digger my dad brought home a year after mom died. I hate her,"

"...I figured something out after all this time," He whispered,
"Oh yeah, what is it?" She whispered.
He chuckled, "That life is nothing but moments. You dancing with your crush is a moment, us calling right now is a moment, me talking right now is a moment, I...am a moment for you. Every up and every down and everything between is a moment that passes with time.

You may remember these moments and you may not, but what you will remember is the people you spent them with and the way you felt. The way they made you laugh, the way they made you cry, and the way they made you feel like you were on top of the world when you were nowhere but with your best friends.

All of these moments and feelings and people combine to make up a bigger moment that we call life. In all of eternity, our life is just a moment. Appreciate the moment you've been given and the people you've been given to spend it with, because no matter how beautiful or tragic a moment is, it always ends. So hold on a little tighter, smile a little bigger, cry a little harder, laugh a little louder, forgive a little quicker, and love a whole lot deeper because these are moments you will remember when you're old and wishing you could rewind time. Not a single thing lasts forever, so you better well enjoy it before it's gone,"

"...Glizz..."
"Oh shit, my phone's dying, bye!"
He hung up.
She took a deep sigh, "Men,"

Glizzly's brown eyes looked at his phone and he smiled. The battery wasn't dead.
"Glizzly," His mom stood at the door, "Should we go? You have your transfusion today,"
He got up. He had brown hair; he was very pale and skinny, "Mom, can we go surfing this Sunday?"

"You wanna surf?"
"Yes, and maybe make some surfer friends. I just wanna get out of my room,"
"Of course, dear," She smiled.

Cyril stood in his room in a sports bra and shorts. Edgar and Skyler lay on his bed. Edgar was reading a magazine and Skyler was sleeping. Cyril was practising his ballet moves. Edgar looked at his back. There was a huge white mark on his back, covered by that blue whale tattoo, "I've always wondered what that mark is."

"Oh?" Cyril turned back, "Mom says it's a birthmark,"
"It's so big though. It covers your entire back,"
"I don't know, mate," Cyril shrugged his shoulders.

Suddenly, Cyril's phone began ringing. It was his dad's call. He looked at Edgar, "Take deep breaths," Edgar said as he walked towards him and Cyril breathed through his mouth, "Pick it up,"
Cyril picked up the phone and brought it near his ear, "Cyril Edwards,"
"Yes sir," Cyril said.

"What happened to your voice?"
"I—I have a cold,"
"Is there any time when you're not sick?!"
"...I'm sorry,"

"Anyways, your mom told me you won the tournament."
"Yes, I did,"
"The winter cup is coming soon. I'll be back home by the time it ends which means I'll be watching your final match. You better not disappoint me, okay?"
"Yes,"

"Cyril!"
"Yes! I will not, dad,"
"Good, be a good boy,"
He hung up.

Cyril turned back and Edgar hugged him gently. He was shivering. Edgar patted his back, "It's okay, I'm here,"
"I almost forgot about the winter cup," Cyril looked into Edgar's eyes, "Dad will come to see me. I need to change back into a boy, if he sees me like this, he'll kill me,"

"No, he will not,"
"Please help me, Edgar. Figure something out, please"

"I will,"
"And don't meet me after that, until I say it's okay to meet,"
"Okay," Edgar looked into his eyes,
'You still remember that afternoon, don't you?

When your father almost killed you,'

-To be continued

Undercover Blue Riot