Three

The hallway had been thankfully empty, and you hurried back into the ballroom joining the party once more. You thought you'd gotten away with your absence unnoticed when Eunwoo looped her arm through yours and pulled you to the side of the room.

"What don't you understand about my instructions regarding Park Jimin?" She hissed the words into your ear, irritation dripping from her. "Aiyun said he walked away with you, alone?"

"Eunwoo, relax, enjoy your party it's not what you think. I bled through my dress, he only pulled me aside to tell me about the stain. I was in the bathroom cleaning up, why would I be with him?" You turned slightly and motioned to the faint blemish. You watched as your cousin relaxed considerably. Your heart was beating fast with the lie but you kept your face neutral.

"Good, I was about to call security to find you. Where did he go after you spoke? I couldn't find him either, I was sure he'd seduced you in some broom closet." You blushed, you couldn't help remembering his lips touching yours, your neck, shoulders, lower. Then you were reminded of his fiance, and you soured your look.

"Gross Eunwoo, don't say stuff like that." The disgust on your face came naturally, Park Jimin was a jerk, even if he'd saved you the embarrassment of a blood stain, he'd taken advantage of you knowing he had a girl waiting for him.

Eunwoo, hearing you hadn't been with Jimin was losing interest. You watched as she scanned the room for him once more then turned her attention back to you. You brushed a tendril of her hair backward that had come undone from her stylish updo.

"It's bad enough that he's one of Taemin's best friends, the thought of him messing with my baby cousin is too much." She smiled at you, softness in her eyes, but you resented it.

You weren't a baby, and if you wanted to get tangled with the playboy why should it matter to her? They'd been separated for years, and only together for a matter of months. She was engaged to be married by the end of the year, maybe she should stop obsessing over Jimin.

Eunwoo walked away and was replaced by Aiyun looking sheepish and regretful. You glared at her.

"Thanks for immediately ratting me out!"

"She trapped me, I was nervous I thought she already knew, don't be angry. What was it about anyway? You were gone forever." Normally you wouldn't keep anything from her but after she snitched to Eunwoo you didn't think you could trust her.

"I bled through my dress. Jimin discretely told me about it and I went to the restroom to clean it up." You walked away from her to the bar and ordered a white wine. Your nerves were frayed and you just wanted to go home.

Your cell phone chimed in your purse and you fumbled it open trying to balance your wine glass in one hand the liquid tipping precariously. You gave up and made your way back to your table, brushing past several high profile Kpop idols. You should have cared more but you were over it. With your father and uncles so deeply into the music industry you'd been surrounded by talent your whole life, you rarely got amazed by them.

When you were seated, glass set on the table carefully you pulled your cell phone out. You immediately regretted reading the message.

UK: I apologize, give me a few days to take care of my situation and then have dinner with me

YN: Park Jimin?

PJ: Yes

YN: No thank you

PJ: Why?

YN: Being engaged isn't a situation you take care of in a few days

PJ: You doubt me?

YN: Yes