Twenty Two

Friday afternoon you stood in your new apartment, side by side with your parents. There had been a lot of late nights and early mornings but somehow everything was done. With the help of countless laborers every room was painted, creams, sage, and pale rose, tones that brought feminine charm and light to the spaces. All your possessions were neatly in their places within the rooms.

Your furniture was mostly rich worn brown leather and lush pink fabrics in muted tones with a complimentary selection of mossy green accents. Every room was perfection, and the credit definitely went to your mother. She'd so lovingly created this space for you.

"You're going to have us over frequently, right?" Your mom hugged you against her side, you could tell she was getting emotional.

Your father gathered you both in a quick hug and then ushered your mother toward the door. He looked at you curiously for a moment as though he was seeing you differently for the first time.

"We'll let you settle into your new place, but call us any time. Let's have lunch this week." He tousled your hair and you exchanged goodbyes as they left.

You'd decided to head to your office to catch up on the projects you'd set aside this week before your uncle scolded you. You'd been working almost two hours when you heard your doorbell chime. Who could possibly already be coming for a visit? Aiyun or your other friends would have at least text first.

Pushing your feet into your slippers you hurried down the pale pink hallway until you reached the living room and front door. It occurred to you the person behind the door had to already have access to your floor or your passcode otherwise security would have called. Maybe one of the other 7 tenants that shared your floor?

When you looked through the peep hole your heart flipped in your chest. There was Jimin, weary smile on his lips, holding pink roses and food. You yanked the door open immediately and crushed your body to his causing him to wobble back a step.

"You said you weren't home until tomorrow!" You grabbed the food and tugged him into your apartment not even waiting for his response.

In your entry way you set the food on the console table and wrapped your arms around his neck, tilting your head back hoping he'd kiss you. Jimin did, his free hand smoothing up your spine to settle at the back of your neck while he kissed you breathless. His lips were gentle on yours but exploring, like he'd forgot what it felt like to kiss you in the five days you'd been apart.

"We wrapped early so I came back early." He explained when he finally let you both breathe again.

Jimin kissed you again walking you backward into the living room, you grabbed the food off the table as he moved. In the living room he spun you around and smacked your ass.

"Let's eat Angel," you lead him toward the kitchen and he looked around at the changes. "It looks amazing in here, you did so much work in four days."

"It was all Eomma, she let me make all the choices but she made this feel like home." You took the flowers, already nestled in a porcelain vase and placed it on your kitchen counter.

Jimin took the food to the table while you gathered everything else, including a bottle of wine from the fridge. You settled across from him and both dug into the cartons of food. You discussed his trip, the interviews, grueling dance practices and work outs.

You filled him in on all the endless preparations it took to move in. How you'd been shocked at the sheer number of things you didn't know you needed. Finally you settled into a comfortable silence finishing the meal until you felt him staring at you.

"Everything okay?" You set your chopsticks down, he looked exhausted again under his eyes puffy from lack of rest.

"I was going to burst in here, feed you then seduce you. But all I really want is to curl up in bed and watch a movie. Can we do that? Would you be disappointed?" Jimin looked soft and young gazing at you across the table.