Fifty One

When you checked your phone over an hour later Jimin had messaged you multiple times. The treacherous 'fine' had clearly alerted him that things were not in fact fine.

PJ: I get the feeling attending Jin's party didn't have the intended effect

PJ: I'm sorry I've been busy

PJ: Things will settle down Angel

PJ: I promise everything is alright with us

PJ: I haven't treated you weirdly what do you mean?

PJ: Sweetheart I love you and I want to make you feel better but you need to tell me what you mean

PJ: Maybe you just need some special attention, I know we haven't been having very much sex, I miss it too

You rolled your eyes, all of his messages seeming artificial now that you knew he was a liar. You typed several seething responses but couldn't manage to actually send them. You finally settled on being petty.

YN: If it will be a repeat of your last performance I would rather take care of my own needs

You unmuted his number and with a sick satisfaction waited for his response. Your stomach twinged with regret when you heard the text come in, you hadn't even read the response. You really did love him and hurting his feelings didn't feel right.

PJ: Why didn't you say something? You pretended to enjoy it? Did you fake your orgasm?

YN: We need to talk in person I'm not doing this through text at work, when can you come by my apartment tonight?

Why was he more worried about your sex life over your relationship? He'd shown more concern over you calling out a bad sexual encounter than the fact that he'd chosen to lie to you for a week.

PJ: Seven?

~

Jimin had shown up on time, letting himself in like he always did. Your first reaction was to want to hug him, wrap yourself around him and just let him comfort you. You were able to push that away remembering he'd lied to you. He sensed your tension and didn't try to close the distance.

"Do you want anything to drink? I'm going to have wine." You walked toward the kitchen and he followed.

"Sounds good I'll drink whatever you've opened."

"I'll bring them in the living I didn't cook so if you've not eaten we should make this quick."

"I'm not sure I'm hungry, I didn't realize we had an issue so it's upsetting to find out we do." Jimin had returned to the living room. You quickly poured both glasses of the red wine and returned sitting next to him.

"You didn't know we had a problem?" He took the glass you offered. You both sipped for a minute.

You'd spent the evening calming down, deciding that coming at him full of anger and accusation would just lead to more lies. You'd decided to put things out there gently and see what happened.

"Kookie said you turned down an invite to Yoongi's on our behalf because we had a stomach bugs?" You tried to deliver the information calmly.

"I just worried after everything at Jin's we needed a break." Jimin sat his wine on the coffee table and turned to look at you.

"Then you did know there were issues between us because you thought we needed to avoid the situation? Why have you claimed to be completely busy the entire last week because of your album but I find out today you've not started the album at all?" You set your glass down too. You felt mad, you didn't want to gently discuss this anymore.